Merchandising PostionBookmark This
Spanish Food Solutions llc.
40-16 Cresent St.
Long Island City, NY
Posted: 601 days ago
DescriptionWho we are and what we do:
SFS is a marketing management and sales company that focuses on food-service, marketing, and retail of Hispanic products. Our company is becoming one of the most diversified commodity mixes in the industry. We maintain a very diverse product line which includes frozen Hispanic food products and fresh tropical fruits and vegetables to major businesses in the wholesale food industry.
We are looking for an ambitious sales rep to maintain accounts. Position will entail store/account visits through weekly route, merchandising product, maintaining relationships with store level staff, and follow up on product request.
Must have reliable car & valid driver's license. Gas and toll money provided.
ResponsibilitiesRetail Merchandiser Job Purpose: Produces supermarket sales by providing point-of-purchase and shelf management services.
Retail Merchandiser Job Duties:
• Determines call schedule by reviewing priorities with supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
• Maintains customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers, and employees; answering their questions; responding to special requests; describing product features.
• Maintains store shelves by observing displays of company products; removing damaged or freshness-dated products; tidying store shelves; providing optimum display of products.
• Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
• Completes call report by observing display and pricing of competitors' products.
• Helps field sales representatives with special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends; checking daily on special promotions; observing customer reaction to special promotions; forwarding observations to management; removing promotions at end of special promotion period.
• Provides information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of supermarkets in assigned territory.
• Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Customer Focus, Organization, Client Relationships, Promotions, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Territory Management, Competitive Analysis, Job Knowledge
RequirementsMerchandising is about planning and developing a strategy to enable a company to sell a range of products that delivers sales and profit targets. A Merchandiser will work closely with a Buyer to ensure the product that's bought will enable them to achieve the sales plan.
It's often explained as getting the right merchandise, in the right place, at the right time, in the right quantities at the right price. Never just say this in response when someone asks you what merchandising is, as this doesn't take into consideration all the planning and strategy that goes on prior to getting the stock into stores. You need to give a more considered answer and this will really pay off at interview.
• Right Merchandise - Styles, brands, colors, sizes etc
• Right Place - Which store, depending on their budget and location
• Right Time - Having merchandise in stores at the right time in the season i.e. ready for Christmas or 'Back to School'
• Right Quantities - Enough for the stores to make their budgets but not have to markdown stock at the end of the season
• The Right Price - Those that will attract customers in spite of competition yet generate a reasonable return on investment for the retailer i.e. profit
The objective of the merchandising management team is to get the correct balance between the expectations of the customer and the objectives of the company's financial strategy.
• planning product ranges and preparing sales and stock plans in conjunction with buyers;
• liaising with buyers, analysts, stores, suppliers and distributors;
• maintaining a comprehensive library of appropriate data;
• working closely with visual display staff and department heads to decide how goods should be displayed to maximize customer interest and sales;
• producing layout plans for stores, sometimes called 'statements';
• forecasting profits and sales, and optimizing the sales volume and profitability of designated product areas;
• planning budgets and presenting sales forecasts and figures for new ranges;
• controlling stock levels based on forecasts for the season;
• using specialist computer software, for example to handle sales statistics, produce sales projections and present spreadsheets and graphs;
• analyzing every aspect of bestsellers (for example, the bestselling price points, colors or styles) and ensuring that bestsellers reach their full potential;
• maintaining awareness of competitors' performance;
• monitoring slow sellers and taking action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary;
• gathering information on customers' reactions to products;
• analyzing previous season's sales and reporting on the current season's lines;
• making financial presentations to senior managers;
• accompanying buyers on visits to manufacturers to appreciate production processes;
• meeting with suppliers and managing the distribution of stock, by negotiating cost prices, ordering stock, agreeing timescales and delivery dates, and completing the ne