STAFF USA Retail Buying Internship ProgramBookmark This
220 W 19th Street
New York, NY
DescriptionCompany: STAFF USA
Address: 220 W 19th St. New York, NY
Position: Part-Time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Company Description: Staff International was founded in 1985 in Noventa Vicentina (VI). Ever since the 1980’s, thanks to a distinctive know-how and excellent sartorial competence, the company has established itself on the fashion scene by producing the most emblematic designer brands of the industry. Some of the brand names that have made history have chosen Staff International to produce their lines, and have provided Staff International with the opportunity to assert itself on the market through constant creative-stylistic challenges. In October 2010, the Diesel Group acquired Staff International: the denim giant chose our company as a partner who has similar international significance on a production and distribution level.
The range of brands produced and distributed by Staff International include, via licences, Dsquared2, Maison Martin Margiela, Sophia Kokosalaki, Viktor & Rolf, Diesel Denim Gallery, as well as manufacturing Vivienne Westwood’s leading lines.
Job Description: As an intern, you will assist the Retail department as needed and be an active participant in the Staff business. Primarily, you will learn about vertically integrated Retail Buying and Operations.
• Assist in market appointments with buyers.
• Assist in product assortments, including creating line sheets for new collection and Power Points for buyers.
• Prepare and participate in merchandising strategy and store layout.
• Working with cross functional teams to help prepare for events and promote the collection.
• Assist in event planning, in store events and photo shoot coordination.
• Assist shipping & product distrubition.
• Perform administrative duties and various special projects as needed.
• Updating account databases
• Compiling data for appointment recaps
• Compiling bestseller reports
• Create/update selling tools.
• Conduct sales analysis and compile reports.
RequirementsNecessary Skills & Qualifications:
• Able to earn school credit at a US accredited college or graduate school
• Able to dedicate a minimum of 16 hours a week
• Prior experience with Word & Excel
• Knowledge of Lotus Notes a plus
• Possess excellent telephone etiquette
• Strong communication and time management skills
• Prior administrative experience
• Positive attitude and desire to learn
• Proactive, self-starter
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Strong interest in fashion
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please confirm if you can receive college credit and work at least 16 hours a week.