Yellowstone Summer InternshipBookmark This
DNC Parks and Resorts at Yellowstone
Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park, WY
DescriptionDNC is a hospitality and food service provider with subsidiaries, which span various industries including Travel Hospitality Services, Sportservice, Parks & Resorts, Gaming & Entertainment, Boston, and International. With 55,000 associates in four countries including Australia and England serving more than twenty stadiums and arenas and over ten parks including Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Shenandoah and Sequoia National Park DNC has many exciting opportunities.
DNC Parks and Resorts at Yellowstone offers seasonal employment as well as internships in our West Yellowstone hotels in addition to our twelve stores inside Yellowstone National Park.
ResponsibilitiesInterns at Yellowstone are hired and placed in already existing jobs. They will work regular hours at their chosen job, but will be put through an additional curriculum during the course of the internship.
The additional curriculum includes:
- Teaching one class to associates. Examples include orientation, production standards, shift meetings, recycling policies, etc.
- Job shadow another manager
- Create, plan, and implement an associate party or associate appreciation event. It will be a team effort together with other interns.
- Run a shift as a supervisor.
- With guidance from their mentor learn to; schedule, inventory, data entry, ordering, reservations, and any other skills appropriate for a manager in their department.
All interns will be required to create a new business idea, suggestion for improvement, or cost saving plan for Yellowstone. This will be presented to the Vice President, General Manager, and HR Director in an official presentation.
The purpose of the internship program is:
- Give the intern a realistic view of management
- Teach the intern practical management skills
- Develop bench strength for all DNC properties