San Francisco Retail InternshipVERA WANG
eCommerce Merchandising InternAerin
Sales RepresentativeTCD Consulting, Inc.
Optical salesEyes on Atlantic
PAID Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Tennis Express
Social Media Marketing and Office InternshipEnki Crafts
Executive Intern (Assistant Store Manager Intern) - Sacramento CATarget Postings
Full Time Utility 1Bookmark This
Posted: August 08 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionApply directly at:
The Utility I’s primary function includes providing merchandising and reset support of Nestlé products at various customer sites in accordance to plan-o-gram specifications through executing world class service servicing while demonstrating sound safety practices. Work may also include loader functions. The position mostly requires driving to grocery store customers in a personal vehicle, for which mileage reimbursement will be provided per company policy, and at times driving a company vehicle. Knowledge and compliance with Department of Transportation (“DOT”) standards, meals/break policies, etc. is mandatory.
Responsibilities•Inform salesperson of selling opportunities, participate in store resets when necessary, make secondary placements, gain extra displays, and use Point of Sale.
•To drive maximize customer relations: establish and maintain rapport with key store individuals, communicate to customers or manager about service matters, adhere to route schedule (Deliver, Merchandise and Order, also known as “DMO”), maintain proper inventory, set stores to schematic and ensure proper display, rotation and pricing or all products, manage out of stocks, replace outdated or damaged product, execute promotional displays, maintain company owned equipment, and properly handle paperwork.
•Follow operational standard procedures that outline route schedules, merchandising principles, filling frozen shelves with product, rotating product regularly, and front facing product. Take responsibility for timely product deliveries and/or coordination with back room receivers and store personnel.
•Perform merchandising, move freezer equipment, and other duties as assigned
•Communicate directly with co-workers on issues, openly share ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, and train new employees when applicable
•Demonstrate Decision Driving skills including, but not limited to, proper following distance, proper eye lead, proper stopping distance, checking intersections, using safety wedge, proper use of horn, left/ right turn execution, seat belt use, checking and scanning mirrors, maintaining proper speed, proper lane observance, parking in appropriate locations and avoiding backing-up. Incumbent must be in compliance with DOT standards and follow all DOT policies and processes. Keep a clean and orderly cab and trailer.
•Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements (no cell phones while driving, pre-trip/ post-trip inspections, proper bending, etc.), use personal protective equipment, proactively address any unsafe conditions observed and lock vehicle.
•Attend monthly district meetings, participate in daily meetings with management and prepare necessary documentation as required.
RequirementsMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Must be at least 21 years of age for DOT covered positions
• High School Diploma / GED equivalent
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with valid insurance
• Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, and motor vehicle report
• Must live within 50 miles or 60 minutes of primary work location
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include early morning/late night hours; Willing to work any day of the week, weekends, Holidays and required over-time as specific to role
• Must possess basic math and computer skills
• Ability to use computer ordering equipment
• Ability to work safely
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• 1-2 years of experience owning/operating a truck preferred
• 1-2 years of Grocery experienced preferred
• 1-2 years of Merchandising and/or Reset experience preferred