Entry Level Management TraineeT Cubed, Inc.
Real estate Company looking for interns - Must be able to receive college credit - retail welcomeReal Estate
Entry Level Account Executive - Rapid Growth - Excellent EnvironmentLakeview Consultants
Social media and marketingGrandma Josie's
Marketing InternChequessett Wine Imports
Sales retail /merchandisingKingdom Dreams
Merchandising InternPennsylvania Horticultural Society
Sales RepresentativeTCD Consulting, Inc.
Store Management Intern- Houston, TX MarketBookmark This
Posted: August 22 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJ. C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE:JCP), one of the nation's largest apparel and home furnishings retailers, is on a mission to ensure every shopping experience is worth the customer's time, money and effort. Whether shopping jcp.com or visiting one of over 1,000 store locations across the United States and Puerto Rico, customers will discover a broad assortment of products from a leading portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Supporting this value proposition is the warrior spirit of over 100,000 JCPenney associates worldwide, who are focused on the Company's three strategic priorities of strengthening private brands, becoming a world-class omni-channel retailer and increasing revenue per customer. For additional information, please visit jcp.com, to apply for open positions, please visit jobs.jcp.com.
Store Management Internship:
Are you currently in your junior year at an accredited University? Do you aspire to lead a team and make calculated business decisions? Do you like interacting with customers and finding ways to make them happy? Do you like partnering with peers to achieve amazing results? If so, being a Store Management Intern at JCPenney might be the position for you!
What’s in it for You?:
• Upon successful completion of program- potential opportunity with Store Management Trainee Program post-graduation (based on performance)
• Competitive pay
• Personal and professional development
• Meaningful real-world work experience in a diverse work-force
• Involvement in strategic business activities and decisions that
welcome fresh perspectives
• Coaching and feedback from mentors
• Countless networking opportunities
ResponsibilitiesYour training will blend online instruction with hands on experience along with the guidance and mentoring of your Store Leadership Team. You’ll also receive on-the-floor selling experience, training on divisional knowledge and a holistic understanding of how the business works.
Key areas of store operations include:
• Delivering exceptional customer service
• Sales support functions
• In-store merchandising
• Leading and motivating a store team
• Sales analysis and event management
The Store Management Internship is a 10 week program that runs the summer before your senior year. The Program is divided into assignments as you rotate through different areas within the store, focused on strengthening and refining the core competencies needed to work in the retail industry.
RequirementsDo You Have What it Takes?:
• A current college junior with an accumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
• Confident, outgoing and thrive in a team environment
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and passionate about retail
• Retail or customer service experience encouraged
• Open to relocation
SkillsRequired - Customer Service, Leadership
Preferred - Retail, Sales, Community Involvement