Merchandising and Retail Event Internship | Bogavia Beauty of the AdriaticBogavia Beauty of the Adriatic
Smart-Device AdvisorRepair Wireless
marketing/retail internnina mclemore
Web DeveloperClassy But Sassy
Sales RepresentativeTCD Consulting, Inc.
Director of Fashion styles for Ladies & MenHumungous Columbus Apparel
Social Media & Community Management Intern - Beauty Company - New York BasedPRIVADA BEAUTY
Intern/ Volunteer for Mobile Fashion Boutique!!!Tiny House of Fashion
Telecommute Internship for Computer Savvy Goths, Geeks or Gamers!Bookmark This
Posted: May 06 2016
Company Location: Springfield, MA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionValkyrie Apparel (www.valkyrie-apparel.com) is a Springfield,MA internet store dedicated to plus size clothing for people who are not fans of mainstream fashion (punks, goths, geeks & gamers to name a few) We promote body positivity and are LGBT friendly. In the next few months we will be adding an exclusive line of bags and accessories to the store and could use some help.
We are looking for someone who would like to learn the ins and outs of running a mail order business in exchange for helping us update the site. This is great opportunity for artists or crafters who would like to sell their own work online but aren't sure where to start. Alternatively we can teach aspiring web designers can learn about the back end requirements of online stores.
Compensation: To start we are offering to trade training or marketing consultation for work. Interns will also receive the company discount. Western Massachusetts based interns will occasionally have access to free food and for those interested: dog snuggles.
Examples of things we can teach you:
we will teach things like this:
- Internet marketing through search engine optimization (aka keywords and tags)
- How to create social media ads
- How to advertise in Google shopping
Location: Primarily a virtual position but we're happy to find work space for a local.
Hours: minimum 4-5 hours a week, schedule is flexible
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities will be determined by your interests an skill set. Here are some examples:
- Create product pages on the website
- Edit product photos
- Add new products to inventory database
- Create Google Merchant feed ads
- Write blog posts
- Edit long rambley posts by the owner of the company
-Sense of humor
-Computer literacy level: Medium (Knows how to email an image without embedding it in a Word document first.)
-Internet literacy level: Medium to High (Knows what Snopes is even if you forget to check it once and awhile.)
- Must be willing to ask for help
- Must be comfortable questioning existing procedures if they don't make sense. (Because we know what we're doing but maybe we can do it better.)
- Must have access to a computer with internet access
- Experience with Google Hangouts & Google Drive (or something similar)
- Be on at least ONE of the following social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest
Preference will be given to applicants that can tell us the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow.
SkillsRequired - Messaging, Email
Preferred - WordPress, Spreadsheets, Adobe Photoshop, Basic HTML, basic CSS