Ad Sales ManagerBookmark This
ESTERO, Your Foreign Influence
DescriptionESTERO, Your Foreign Influence Magazine, SLC, UT area
Sales - Print, Digital
Innovative online publishing company seeks talented advertising sales executives for ESTERO, Your Foreign Influence Magazine. ESTERO, is looking for 2 full-time sales executives to help us grow.
Estero, Your Foreign Influence, LLC is a small but fast-growing online, digital publishing company that produces print editions twice a year in conjunction with New York Fashion Weeks and quarterly online editions. ESTERO is a culture magazine that travels the world in search of inspiration for your personal style, lifestyle and home style. The magazine is approximately 30% high fashion, 30% travel and 40% culture featuring the best in cuisine, music, art and architecture from around the world.
ESTERO is a sophisticated, luxury magazine and brand; we’re highly driven and deeply passionate with high expectations of our colleagues and ourselves. We have developed an online publishing model that will redefine how online magazines are produced and utilized by readers. Our philosophy of business is to hire the best, cultivate and stimulate talent by providing opportunities that develop and bring out the best in our employees—and to creating products that enhance the lives of our readers and return on investment for our advertisers.
The positions are full-time positions with generous commissions to start, but with the right candidate one position may grow into a salaried marketing director position with benefits.
ResponsibilitiesTypical Duties & Responsibilities:
• Call and visit potential customers to aggressively generate new business.
• Meet with magazine management to set quarterly goals and revenue targets.
• Proactively network, always seeking opportunities to promote/sell the magazine.
• Track/report on sales performance.
The ideal candidate must be highly focused, organized, patient, persuasive, persistent, professional, energetic, self-motivated, career-oriented, risk-tolerant, and a great communicator with excellent sales acumen who can prospect, tell a story, tie the story into the clients’ marketing needs, negotiate and close deals.
Desired Skills & Experience
Experience in sales, preferably in print/digital/web media sales with a proven track record of success.
• Detailed working knowledge of, and experience with, the advertising sales process-print and digital.
• Working knowledge of the fashion and/or airline / travel industry
• Strong sales skills; ability to build effective working relationships with existing and prospective clients.
• Effective management skills especially as they apply to managing a sales team.
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills
• Excellent account prospecting skills; ability to see sales opportunities and find leads
• Good working knowledge of media (and especially print media and digital media) and its role in the marketing process; ability to share this knowledge with direct reports
• Experience in executing a complex selling process of integrated packaging (print/digital and other assets); ability to coach direct reports in this process.
• Experience providing high level of customer service to advertising clients and effective follow up (before, during, and after the sale)
• Strong negotiating skills (i.e. the ability to generate sales at the highest page value yield possible in a highly competitive environment)
• Familiarity with media research and its effective application in the advertising sales process; ability to analyze and explain such research.
• Experience accurately forecasting and projecting sales
• Experience in sales including: cold calls, setting appointments, and the ability to communicate professionally with business owners regarding their business.
• Candidate must be highly professional and polished, results-driven, self-motivated and confident with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
• The right candidate will be effective at cold-calling and appointment setting, with solid closing skills and a proven track record of success.
• Highly focused, organized, persistent, persuasive, professional, and energetic