AFLAC Marketing / Sales Intern - Summer 2014 Scholarship Contest and Commission OpportunityBookmark This
One Seaport Plaza (Also known as 199 Water Street) - 23rd Floor (Next to the South Street Seaport in the Wall Street area)
New York, NY
DescriptionSUMMER INTERN 2014 SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST. AT AFLAC THERE ARE NO LIMITS TO YOUR SUCCESS.
* If you qualify - you can elevate your internship to a whole new level with our scholarship contest.
* For More information, please go to: aflac.com/salesinternship.
Meantime: Take A Look at our Fabulous Company -
AFLAC - Very Short List of Accolades
* Ranked as top 100 companies to work for - 16 consecutive years by Fortune Magazine
* Most Ethical Supplemental Insurance Company Globally - 7 consecutive years by Ethisphere Magazine
* #3 Brand (the Duck) in the U.S.
AFLAC is not a "regular" insurance company.
* We're not health insurance or property and casualty insurance.
* We offer supplemental insurance products which help fill in the gaps that health insurance doesn't pay for
* One of the many reasons people love us is that we pay them cash benefits within 4-6 days.
The skill sets you'll acquire will help you in whatever industry and/or career you move forward with.
What You Will Learn Interning @ AFLAC - A Business-To-Business Model
* Learn how to market one of today's best known brands in the U.S.
* Learn how to prospect for clients, get appointments and close
* Find out what motivates people to buy-in
* Learn about pre and after tax issues and one of the most highly charged topics in the U.S. today - the Healthcare Reform Act
* Work at one of the most highly motivating companies where the attitude is always positive, the air is charged with energy and people have fun while working
* Attend a stand-up presentation and see how that is different than a face-to-face sell
* Have the opportunity to make money - commission based. (That's the "paid" part.)
Responsibilities- Assist in identifying potential business opportunities
- Monitor news and developments relating to, or impacting, key clients/prospects
- Prepare periodic reports on screening, tracking, and monitoring clients and prospects
Requirements- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and face to face
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills