Business Internship - Sales & Marketing (Newport Beach)Bookmark This
Bristol & Bates LLC
4590 MacArthur Blvd. 5th Floor
Newport Beach, CA
DescriptionBusiness Internship - Sales & Marketing (Newport)
This is a internship in located our brand new, state of the art offices in Newport Beach, California. This is a opportunity that can lead into a full-time career with the firm. This small team supports growth internally for our various investments/companies and also serves as a stand alone business services unit that works with clients including Fortune 500 corporations globally.
As an intern, you will learn and perform duties within the operations and sales team of the business unit. The position will provide the intern with exposure to various aspects of the business including developing practical real working experience in; business development, sales strategy, and time management.
You will have direct access and work hands-on with our team in all aspects of developing the new division/office - you will assist in achieving objectives including; marketing, business development and delivery. Interns will also interface daily with our Newport Beach manager and assist in business development activities, including lead generation and prospecting. Your time will be spent working in various aspects of the business while gaining knowledge of how our business works. The intern will work daily with team members to achieve business objectives and execute business plans which include drafting proposals, meeting with prospective clients in the local area (Orange County and Los Angeles) and utilizing business writing skills to communicate with a diverse group of clients.
Responsibilities 75% - Business Development | 25% - Operations
Responsibilities- Assist with day to day business administration
- Interface and provide communications from our team to partners and clients.
- Contact new clients via phone/email and generating market interest
- Research and generate targeted leads/potential clients from internet sites (Data Mining)
- Research potential clients and partners, qualify data and identify market interest
- Setup, confirm meetings, and follow-up calls
- Work with Account Executives and Associates in Business Development Activities
- Assist with various tasks as assigned by management and senior staff
- Post, revise, manage new job announcements online to various sites
- Matching and identifying suitable companies that can use our services
Requirements- Business Administration Major (Preferred)
- Excellent writing skills including business writing, expository writing experience a plus
- Internet Savvy – knowledge of internet research and resources
- Knowledge of social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook etc
- Highly organized team player who strives for achievement
- Fearless phone skills and persuasive presence
- Out of the box”, creative thinker – adaptable to new situations
- Excellent communication skills and ability to handle objectives effectively