Category Management InternBookmark This
60 Lake Street
DescriptionSeventh Generation is the nation's leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment. Established in 1988, the Burlington, Vermont based company remains an independent, privately-held company distributing products to natural food stores, supermarkets, mass merchants, and online retailers across the United States and Canada.
As our Category Management Intern, you will be joining us in a key role that will be responsible for executing category strategies in alignment with customer and company priorities to drive Seventh Generation objectives.
Please apply through our online system at http://www.seventhgeneration.com/about/careers.
• Utilize IRI & SPINS applications and additional resources to analyze and interpret data to identify key insights to drive our business.
• Analyze promotion results to develop a understanding of best practices in order to make recommendations on the most effective and efficient promotion tactics.
Space & Assortment Management
• Building and updating shelving plan-o-grams to support the Seventh Generation field sales team in their partnership with key accounts.
• Assist in development of presentations for account calls; including business updates, new product sell in, key strategy implementation.
• Assist the Sales Team when appropriate by participating in the presentation of analytics and recommendations.
Ad Hoc Analysis
• Investigate business issues on an ad hoc basis using sales data with problem solving tactics to determine reasoning and recommendations.
Perform other related duties as assigned
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Project Management; able to prioritize, multi task and manage deadlines
• Detail oriented, sense of urgency
• Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
o Including ability to use advanced formulas in Excel (i.e. vlookups and pivot tables)
• Demonstrate the ability to use creative thinking to come up with solutions
• Interact effectively in group settings and among all levels of the organization
• Experience working with databases, spreadsheets and other computer programs required
• Candidate should be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week while in school and 40 hours a week during breaks for a minimum 10 to 12 month commitment
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Experience performing sales analysis for presentations using syndicated data (IRI, Nielsen, Spins)
• Experience with space management software and in-store implementation
• High School Degree or GED required
• Student intern must be enrolled in an Undergraduate not graduating before May 2013
• Major and/or minor must be a related subject, such as Marketing, Management, Economics or Finance
• Candidate must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale