Marketing/Sales Planning IntenrBookmark This
585 S Santa Fe
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionJOB TITLE: Marketing/Sales Planning Department Intern
REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
70 year old manufacturer and distributor of professional beauty product that owns several proprietary brands, represents many brands on an exclusive basis, and distributes numerous open lines. The company is located in the fashionable Arts District in downtown Los Angeles.
The Marketing/Sales Planning Intern is responsible for assisting with corporate communication, advertising, public relations, research, online programs and market/sales analysis. The position is ideal for a college student studying Business Administration and planning to pursue a career in Marketing or Sales Planning.
Intern will matriculate through Marketing and Sales Planning.
1. Assist with managing day-to-day marketing activities including new product development, online/social media programs, packaging, promotions, merchandising, advertising and SKU rationalization.
2. Prepare competitive product and pricing reviews and analysis.
3. Help prepare copy and proofread catalogs, hot sheets, sell sheets and other marketing support materials.
4. Manage department projects including template preparation, formatting consistency and master spreadsheets.
5. Coordinate product research activities (mailing materials, sourcing professionals to test products, survey development, etc) and tabulate survey results.
6. Run and format reports, providing analysis as needed.
7. Prepare sales materials for reducing and eliminating discontinued items.
• Time Management
• Project Coordination
• Department Communications
• Ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal.
• Attention to detail and excellent proofreading abilities.
• Ability to work with and analyze spreadsheets and numbers.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently, and establish priorities.
• This is an un-paid position that provides an excellent opportunity to get relevant experience for anyone interested in a career in marketing or a related field.
• A letter of recommendation will be provided to all interns who fulfill the position requirements.