Memberships & Sales InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 W 7th St
Saint Paul, MN
This position is responsible for a variety of types of member research. This includes surveying members and event attendees, analyzing results, and creating reports to present findings. The Membership Intern will help arrange and facilitate Museum events, birthday parties, and rentals and will take part in developing the Museum member benefits program and promoting memberships both onsite as well as offsite at expos and fairs . The Membership Intern will also assist in management of membership databases and sales analysis.
ResponsibilitiesMajor Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in the internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of membership and events staff.
% of Time
20% Implement surveys for membership and events using online survey software and face-to-face intercepts; collecting and analyzing results of surveys and creating final reports of conclusions.
20% Prepare for and help facilitate various events, birthday parties, and rentals that occur during the time of the internship.
15% Process Access memberships, free Museum memberships that go to families that qualify for the Access program.
15% Promote memberships, birthday parties and group visits at offsite expos, fairs and conferences.
10% Assist with management of membership database files.
10% Complete research to develop and improve Minnesota Children's Museum member benefits program and renewal incentives.
5% Check in members on busy Museum days. Promote and sell memberships on Target Free Third Sundays.
5% Attend meetings as necessary, including the Audience Team meeting, membership meeting and marketing huddle.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Formal education in related field (communication, marketing, public relations, business).
2. Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
3. Skill in coordinating tasks and projects. Prior experience in planning and executing events preferred.
4. Computer skills, including word processing and experience with Microsoft office. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other membership software preferred.
5. Good written and verbal skills.
6. Ability to work well with people, face-to-face, on the phone and over online communication.