Resale Boutique Sales InternBookmark This
Bridge to Success
1236 S. Halsted St.
DescriptionBridge to Success is a non-profit organization with a social enterprise focus. Our mission is the enhancement of employment opportunities for to at-risk, low/no-income, men, women and youth by providing high-end interview and work place appropriate clothing coupled with coaching to build self-confidence through appearance, interview preparation and a sense of belonging at the workplace. Bridge to Success operates a chic, high-end resale store, The Bottomline, as its social enterprise operation.
Overview of Internship:
Bridge to Success is looking for volunteer interns with fashion retail and/or customer service backgrounds who are service oriented, enthusiastic self-starters with fresh, innovative ideas who will assist us in one-on-one styling of clients and/or merchandising our client services center.
Responsibilities• Work directly with Store Manager
• Use visual, design and organization skills to keep resale store looking chic and well ordered
• Assist in merchandising inventory, pricing items for resale; researching designer & consignment items and partnering with retailers and companies to plan clothing drives or discover new revenue streams for the organization
• Manage (open and close) POS system as well as customer transactions
• Maintain client services area and inventory – update as needed
• Assist with the planning, implementing and marketing of boutique sales and special events
RequirementsAn internship offers the opportunity to increase:
• Customer service skills and orientation
• Interpersonal skills; ability to relate well to people from a variety of different backgrounds, cultures and experiences
• Ability to work well independently and as a self- starter
• Ability to work creatively, entrepreneurially, and innovatively with the ability to see the "big picture"
• Management skills necessary for success in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment