Sales Account Manager (and Internship)Bookmark This
1170 Peachtree Street, Suite 700
Posted: 468 days ago
DescriptionTransPerfect, Inc. We are currently hiring for a sales account manager (and interns) in Atlanta, Miami, West Palm Beach, Raleigh, Dallas, and Phoenix. We have 3,000 employees in 85 cities and producing $400 million per year in revenue. Young fast-paced company. Fun corporate culture. The role is full-time salaried plus bonus and involves account management plus some cold calling of prospects. We do all the training/teaching needed and make it as fun as possible. If you are interested, please send your resume to Todd at firstname.lastname@example.org
More formal Internship Job Description:
Do you have a desire to help companies communicate more effectively in the ever-changing global marketplace? Whether you are interested in software development, project management, language research, or sales, TransPerfect could be the place for you.
TransPerfect Translations was founded in 1992 with the following mission: to provide the highest quality language services to leading businesses worldwide. With no external financing, the TransPerfect family of companies grew from its humble beginnings as a two-person company operating in an NYU business school dorm room into the world’s third largest translation and software localization firm and one of the fastest growing, privately-held companies in the United States. With a network of over 8,000 language specialists and over 1,700 full-time employees in over 70 locations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, we’re continuously ready to meet our clients’ needs, around the clock and around the world. We attribute our growth to the skill, aptitude, and commitment of our high caliber employees. Put simply, we hire the most talented candidates and give them the guidance, resources, and opportunities they need to grow their career in an expanding environment.
Your career at TransPerfect is entirely in your hands. Here you will find exciting opportunities that challenge you on a daily basis. By rising to these challenges, you will reap the rewards on both a professional and personal level. We are always seeking outstanding and diverse candidates with a wide range of backgrounds. With the rapid growth of TransPerfect, you’ll find no lack of opportunity for advancement.
• Achieve your potential. Our “small company” environment provides you with strong, ongoing coaching support.
• Make an impact. Our employees’ knowledge and expertise is vital in helping companies expand into new markets and establish a global presence.
• Explore diverse opportunities. We offer a range of employment opportunities, from working on a language project management team with experienced individuals around the globe to opening a sales office in a new city.
• Join a diverse organization. By the very nature of what we do, our people, vendors, and clients come from many different countries and backgrounds.
Responsibilities• Research prospective clients through several strategies including: internet, trade show lists, referrals, yellow pages, various professional directories, etc.
• Create accurate spreadsheets of prospective client data and manage leads database
• Assist in business development activities – i.e. direct mailings, cold calls, preparing for conferences/tradeshows, etc.
• Collaborate with the Product Management Team to ensure timeliness and quality of work to clients
• Represent TransPerfect Translations to all existing contacts to best create a positive brand and generate interest through ‘word of mouth’ marketing strategies
• Research the translation industry become knowledgeable about including industry leaders, competitive data, proposal formats, competitive rate structures, and marketing strategies
• Excellent English communication (written and verbal) skills
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Self motivated, responsible, works well under pressure
• Strong phone skills
• Effective time management
• 12 or higher on the proofreading test
• Writing sample must be clear, concise, contain no errors, and written smoothly