Sales Intern (Virtual)Bookmark This
DescriptionT.R.Y.B.E. Force, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, anti-violence program targeted towards teens in urban communities. We distinguish ourselves by not just facilitating trainings on philosophies of nonviolence, but by teaching teens to utilize what they learned in their everyday lives – bringing it back to their communities. As an intern, you will assist with our marketing, sales and developmental projects while making our communities a safer place to live, work and play. The Sales Intern may also receive college credits towards their Degree, if Academic Institution permits.
The Sales Intern performs a variety of tasks necessary for acquiring new business. In addition, this intern will assist in booking old/new business. This person shall also provide coordination, logistical and administrative support to multiple projects, initiatives and budget stewardship for the department; assists in building effective systems and practices to improve efficiency and productivity of the Marketing & Communications Team. This person must exhibit imagination, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Special emphasis is placed on flexibility with work assignments, efficiency and quality.
Responsibilities• Distributes leads from various lead channels to sales team.
• Creates presentations as needed by Sales Manager.
• Prepares proposals, contracts, and client letters.
• Monitor and assist sales and revenue teams regarding demand trends, revenue management, specials and promotions.
• Prepares all sales related reports.
• Maintain high level of customer service in handling client inquiries.
• Assists with acquisition of new business; preparation of commercial mailings, and following up by telephone and email (Comfort with cold calling/prospecting for new business).
• Develop sales leads and close them.
• Works on cross-functional teams.
• Assists Sales Manager with client base and retention.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements• Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree seeking student (preferred).
• Previous experience in sales is an asset.
• Goal-oriented; proficient in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong verbal and written presentation skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills, interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
• Ability to communicate effectively through telephone, email and written communications.
• Ability to develop effective systems and operations to support teamwork.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Internet Explorer skills.