Sales InternshipBookmark This
DescriptionBatteries Plus was the first organization to respond to the evolving needs of the replacement battery market. Our first store opened in 1988 in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The increasing demand for “specialty” and replacement batteries for portable devices, combined with our reputation for solving battery problems, has led to our rapid success and expansion. We began franchising in 1992 and opened our first franchise-owned store in Fort Wayne, IN. Years later, in 2010, we introduced the addition of light bulbs to our stores.
We offer you national brands and exceptional value. We sell battery products for everything from laptops, cell phones and cars to military equipment, heavy duty construction equipment, and other business-to-business applications. Batteries Plus’ light bulb products include everything from the average, such as light bulbs for table lamps and light fixtures, to the unique, such as light bulbs for cars, healthcare equipment, aquariums, projectors and much more. Stocking hard-to-find batteries and light bulbs is our specialty. Our expansive line, knowledge and customer service differentiate us from other retailers.
As a Batteries Plus Sales Intern, you will develop the skills necessary for success in sales by working closely with our Sales Representatives. Throughout this internship, you will build prospecting, product knowledge, as well as build and develop client relationships within local communities to promote our products.
Responsibilities• Manage the customer experience for every store visitor
• Generate leads from store visitors for the outside sales person
• Up-sell/cross-sell, based on customer needs, at the point of purchase
• Continuously upgrade their knowledge of Batteries Plus products.
• Provide assistance to outside sales rep as required with respect to orders, inventory, ETC.
• Call on local businesses to present Batteries Plus solutions
• Build ongoing relationships with customers
• Network in the local community to promote Batteries Plus store and products.
• Follow the Batteries Plus sales process
Requirements• H.S. diploma/equivalent and 2 years of prior work experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior retail experience desired but not required
• Ability to gain quick and solid understanding of company’s electronic retail and cross reference system; capable of adapting learning to incorporate new technology
• Ability to make minor decisions and use some judgment within standardized procedures
• Good listening and verbal communication skills with a customer focus; general knowledge of customer service policies/procedures
• Must possess and use organizational and analytical problem solving skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks to effectively prioritize, follow up, and meet deadlines with multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to calculate simple math, percents, ratios and algebraic expressions and read gauges
• Demonstrated technical aptitude and or technical experience desired