Sales InternshipBookmark This
225 West Broadway
New York, NY
DescriptionBorn and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, designer Erin Fetherston graduated from UC Berkeley before attending Parsons Paris to study fashion design. In 2005, she first presented her eponymous label during the Paris haute couture shows. From its debut, the collection established Fetherston's signature feminine, whimsical and romantic sensibility, earning the brand a devoted following of press and celebrities. In 2007, Fetherston moved to New York City where she has since shown her ready-to-wear collection during New York City Fashion Week. Among her honors, Fetherston was a recipient of the 2007 Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation Award, a finalist for the 2007 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund, and in 2009 was inducted as a member of the CFDA. Fetherston debuted her contemporary offering 'ERIN' in 2011, which is enjoying critical acclaim from retail and press. The collection can be found at Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale's, Barneys Japan, Harvey Nichols Hong Kong, and United Arrows as well as specialty boutiques worldwide.
Responsibilities• Scheduling market appointments with US buyers.
• Maintain an orderly showroom.
• Market research on new specialty stores towards increased outreach.
• Greet and welcome buyers to the showroom for appointments.
• Processing sales orders.
• Run daily inventory reports for showrooms.
• Trade show preparation.
• PR requests and sample trafficking.
Requirements• Must have strong administrative office skills as a portion of this position is focused on maintaining the administrative aspects of our Sales Department?
• A college major in fashion merchandising or marketing OR retail experience at a high-end clothing store a plus?
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc)?
• Knowledge of Photoshop or Illustrator is a plus?
• Must be self-motivated, professional, organized and an excellent communicator who can articulate ideas clearly and efficiently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must!
• Applicant should be a self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
• Previous internship experiences a plus.
• A love and interest in fashion is a must!
• Must be able to commit to 2-3+ days/week.
Please send a resume AND cover letter to Lauren Schuler email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE