Sales & Marketing InternshipBookmark This
265 West 37th St.
New York, NY
DescriptionTigerTrade is a dynamic online sourcing company that connects buyers to manufacturers in Southeast Asia in the apparel, textile, footwear, furnishing, and home accessories industries. We are headquartered in NYC and have offices in Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam and expanding further in the region. We also have a closeout business, TigerTrade Stocklots, where we sell wholesale overstock apparel, fashion accessories, and health and beauty products to businesses worldwide.
TigerTrade seeks a talented Sales/Marketing intern. The intern will be engaged in customer outreach and acquisition through a variety of methods, including research, merchandising, trade show and industry events, and client-facing interactions. Additionally, this position will provide support for back end sales operations for our global team. This is a great opportunity to get in-depth-knowledge and skills in the apparel, textile, furnishing and footwear industries from an operational perspective.
Location: New York, New York
This is a flexible internship, where the intern can work in the office and virtually. This is an unpaid internship, but there is an opportunity for this to become a part-time or full-time paid position for the right candidate.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sorry, no calls please.
ResponsibilitiesIntern’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support Global Sales team with buyer and supplier outreach and follow up.
- Merchandise products for our clients in one or more target industries (furnishings/home accessories, apparel/textiles, footwear)
- Learn and work with our back-end sales systems using company websites
- Post products on websites
- Develop industry and market briefing books and other tools and resources for sales team
- Refine sales and marketing processes through analysis and feedback to management team
- Follow-up with inbound and outbound sales calls
- Help prepare for and attend industry trade shows, events, and seminars
Requirements- Sales, marketing, design and/or merchandising background preferred
- Interest in the furniture, apparel or textile industries
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-growing, demanding, start-up environment
- Experience in an office environment. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and quick to adapt to new systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Very organized and efficient, with excellent attention to detail
- Great time management skills, ability to prioritize and handle several projects at one time
- Outgoing and engaging demeanor
- International experience a plus
- Trade show experience a plus
-Proficiency with excel and microsoft office suite