Sales & Marketing InternshipBookmark This
Posted: 532 days ago
DescriptionThe Outdoor Exchange (the OX) is a New Jersey tech start-up creating the largest community marketplace for the listing, discovery, and booking of outdoor gear. At this stage, we are selling memberships that provide affordable access to our own supply of gear. We are looking for sales and marketing interns to help spread the word, generate customer leads, and ultimately sell memberships.
We currently have office space in Clifton, NJ near Montclair State University, and a storefront in Fair Lawn, NJ. The work would primarily be remote – interns would join the founding members at events across the tri-state area to help drive membership sales. We also expect interns to take initiative to go to parks and outdoor spaces on their own and sell memberships as well. The work load is part time, and available immediately.
Our interns will also be exposed to the fast-paced and invaluable experience of a start-up environment. We're excited to hear from everyone interested. Apply today, or contact us with any questions you may have.
Come apply in person at some upcoming events:
Fri 13 June, Northsidefest in McCarren Park, Brooklyn, NY
Sat 14 June, Beardfest in Hammonton, NJ
Responsibilities- Work with the founders at events across the NYC metro area and beyond to generate interest and membership sales from event attendees
- Independently generate sales at venues/events of your choosing
- Contact online and print media to develop press leads
- Help assess social media campaigns
- Personable, Energetic, and Enthusiastic Personality
- Venue/Customer assessment
- Active Listening & Objection Handling
- Ability to Close the Sale
- Lead Generation
Social Media Interaction and Presence
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel)
- Internet navigation on mobile devices with varied browsers
Solid Work Ethic
Love of and Enthusiasm for the Outdoors a plus
Marketing, Communications, and Sports-related education a plus, but not strictly necessary