Sales Representative InternBookmark This
Multiple retail locations
DescriptionIt’s never too early to get started on your future!
Looking for a flexible part-time internship while finishing your college degree? With this Internship Program, you could have Whirlpool on your resume!
MarketStar has created a Field Sales Internship program which will provide you with real experience and real responsibility. This could even lead to your first full-time job! We are excited to team up with Whirlpool, an industry leader in manufacturing and marketing home appliances to provide an internship program for college students in their junior or senior year of college, preparing for a degree in Sales or Business.
The Field Sales Intern will be responsible for nurturing and managing client relationships while focusing on all Whirlpool sales activities within your retail territory. The role offers 20-30 hours a week, part-time, flexible schedule with fantastic pay ($18 per hour!). There may even be a bonus potential if sales targets are met.
MarketStar is part of the Omnicom Group (NYSE: OMC). As a pioneer in outsourced sales and marketing, we've supported the vision and promoted the success of hundreds of both large and small companies across the world. Each day, MarketStar's team manages more than 80,000 commercial accounts, visits 1,250-plus retail stores, interacts with over 8,000 customers via phone, and influences more than $13 million in sales for our clients.
MarketStar does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where MarketStar does business.
ResponsibilitiesInternship Key Responsibilities & Attributes for Success:
· Conduct informal and formal face-to-face trainings to store staff on the features and benefits of Whirlpool products.
· Build working relationships with store staff to ensure they are trained on Whirlpool products and sharing information with customers.
· Use creative initiatives with store approval to help display Whirlpool appliances to maximize visibility and sales.
· Report market activities and trends to management.
· Coordinate all aspects of Whirlpool in-store presence including sales calls, training, assisted-selling hours, and special events as needed.
· Assist store staff in the selling of products to customers and create impact during peak selling hours during the week and weekend.
RequirementsWhat’s required to be considered for this internship:
Verification that you are a current student in good standing pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree
Retail sales experience preferred
Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
Strong training and communication skills
As part of our recruiting process, you will:
Need to apply on line at www.marketstar.com/careers
Participate in phone interviews
Be prepared and equipped (Webcam) to complete a HireVue Interview
Successfully pass a background check and drug screen