SalesForce VolunteerBookmark This
Asante Africa Foundation
337 17th Street
Asante Africa Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes quality educational access and leadership development for children in East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania). Asante Africa Foundation believes in the power of knowledge as a catalyst to help young people create a future where they live their dreams. We achieve this vision through partnering with local families, educators and community members to create safe and healthy learning environments, strengthen teacher quality, enhance learning in the classrooms, provide merit-based scholarships, and leadership development. To learn more about Asante Africa Foundation please visit www.asanteafrica.org
Asante Africa Foundation is seeking a responsible and detail-oriented SalesForce volunteer who will assist with updating our Salesforce database. This position offers the opportunity to get hands-on experience with the Salesforce.com database tool, which thousands of companies and nonprofits use. Your primary responsibilities would include data cleanup projects, entering data and ensuring that data that enters the database is clean and accurate. You will be a critical resource for updating and enhancing the tools as our organization grows as well as manage the creation of reports and dashboard to be used by management. This is a great opportunity to develop and gain insight into nonprofit operations, along with development and fundraising efforts. The hours are flexible and you can work remotely. Time commitment is approximately 10-12 hours per week.
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for Asante Africa Foundation and your resume to email@example.com. Please put "SalesForce volunteer" in the subject line.
This is an unpaid part-time volunteer position with an expectation of 10-12 hours per week.
• Directly impact Asante Africa Foundation's efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa and learn about successful international development programs
• Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run by majority volunteers and receive professional training
• Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization
• Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
• Opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home or our Oak
RequirementsSoftware development with a degree is desired, database SW skills and methodology are essential
• Salesforce or other database experience preferred, experience with Analytics and cross platform coding (embedding code, tracking analytics, revising the Salesforce code for different platforms, etc)
• The ability to analyze, deliver quality data input and data management are critical elements for this role
• Extensive Excel experience, ability to go between different SW platforms desired
• Detail oriented, team player, and technologically savvy
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Passionate about Asante Africa Foundation’s mission