Startup Client Management & MarketingBookmark This
222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza, 12th floor
DescriptionOccasion (@occsn) is a young startup based out of 1871, Chicago's entrepreneurial hub. We are focused on enabling online transactions at the speed of thought. Occasion has been growing every month since our launch in August 13’. We have developed a one-page, customizable booking process that allow customers to book services from their favorite merchants. The Occasion product also allows customers to share their purchases on their social networks and via email.
The Occasion Sales/Marketing internship would be either a part-time or a full-time position (per the eligible candidate) for 12 weeks (extension may be provided). The internship will be based in the co-working space of 1871 at Merchandise Mart. Remote work is possible.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will work on with Occasion:
Occasion is looking to scale the growth of the company. Interns will take part in the following tasks:
* Make calls to merchants to set up product demos
* Use social media, search engine, and blogs to conduct lead generation for new merchants and activities
* Input information into our CRM system, Base
* Establish contact with potential customers via email
* Attend sales conference calls or meetings (if required)
* Represent Occasion at events (if required)
RequirementsOccasion is a company the values self-starters and people who think critically about problems.
We do not micromanage day-to-day tasks. Occasion interns should have the following qualities:
* You are comfortable with speaking to potential customers
* You are organized and on top of tasks
* You do not fear deadlines
* You have an interest in working at a startup technology company
* You are not afraid of adopting new technologies
* You have a desire to be a leader