Sales and Merchandising InternshipBookmark This
Q Tonic LLC dba Q Drinks
45 Main Street, Ste. 1002
DescriptionCompany: Q Drinks makes the world’s best sodas. We are a rapidly growing Brooklyn-based startup and our products are sold at thousands of the world’s leading bars, restaurants, groceries, and liquor stores including:
• Whole Foods
• Blue Hill
• Four Seasons Hotel
• Williams Sonoma
• Stop & Shop
Our sodas have been called “Amazing” by Gourmet Magazine and “as authentic as they come” by the New York Times, and we have been featured in O Magazine, Business week, and on NBC’s Today Show, among many others. For more information, please visit www.qdrinks.com and www.facebook.com/qdrinks
As a young, lean company we need to be better and more efficient than our competitors; that's where you come in. We are looking for a passionate individual who is eager to learn the ABC's of a small business from the ground up. Our interns get real, hands-on experience and are given the opportunity to make an impact. We encourage creativity and project ownership so that following, you will be able to build your resume rather than fill it with typical internship "fluff".
We are always accepting applications and flexible positions are available year-round. Come make an impact in a real Brooklyn food start-up.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities: You will work with Company senior staff to sell our products into local restaurants, bars, and gourmet grocery stores and to raise awareness among consumers in New York City. This hands-on internship will have you touching many aspects of the business and is an excellent resume booster. As Q Drinks is a fast moving start-up, the intern will perform a variety of tasks including:
• Merchandising and account management at local retailers. This involves work in the trade.
• Facilitating Demonstrations at local retailers. Demos can take place on evenings and weekends – s/he needs to be available for demos Thursday and Friday until 8 p.m. as well as Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
• Assembling and analyzing data gathered at product demonstrations, from distributors and other sources to assist the sales team.
• Sales and retail audits via phone.
• Researching and then selling into sales targets, both in-person and by phone.
• Data entry to help maintain a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
• Assisting with administrative tasks
• Account management
This is a challenging position, and offers great on-the-ground experience for a career in sales and marketing and exposure to the inner workings of a company in its beginning stages. The intern should expect to come away with a sound understanding of how various pieces of any consumer product business fit together, including production, sales, marketing, and IT.
Happy, personable, sociable, organized, self-motivated, and able to get your hands dirty and get things done. We need a self-starter with passion for food and beverages; passion for entrepreneurship is a plus. Former sales experience is also a plus, although not required.