Technical Sales - for Ecommerce Development ProjectsBookmark This
Rockbeam Solutions Inc.
1069 Main Street
DescriptionNeed someone with experience in Ecommerce projects to take good care of incoming leads, and turn these prospective customers into new clients. You will be responsible for managing the entire sales cycle, from first contact to demos to proposal writing and presentation.
All projects are ecommerce website proposals, usually with a mission to implement an ecommerce webstore solution using a desired shopping cart framework.
You will need superb English communication skills and must have experience closing deals.
Must be VERY good at follow up, tenacious, always on-time, and on-point. Be fast to deliver what is promised.
If you are able to make on-site client visits (and make an impression) (1 out of every 10 prospects), that is a plus. Trips will be paid for of course.
You may work with a proposal writer when things get busy to help you write proposals, but for the most part, you will be writing proposals yourself using a template. But knowledge and experience with eCommerce sites will be necessary in order for you to write a good proposal.
If interested, please reply with a very concise description of your experience and why you might be good for this job. Also include the secret code word: "retrieve" in your post (to prevent spammers)
Responsibilities• Develop and cultivate inbound leads from partners and other sources
• Represent the company to prospects and communicate our value using promotional materials and sales/presentation skills
• Provide web demos of our software and work we’ve done, answer questions from panels of people on your own
• Become a semi-expert in the Znode platform and the different ways it can be customized as well as its nuances.
• Fully engage the client in the discovery process in order to narrow down a discrete and full-pictured list of requirements for the development team
• Determine if we are a good fit for the client, and vice-versa. Determine time availability based on available resources. Work with project managers and development teams.
• Generate well-written proposals using our templates
• Follow up with clients in a timely fashion
• Meet monthly sales goals, communicate frequently with business manager
• When we run out of leads, look for ways to bring in new opportunities
Requirements• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline (business degrees are okay as well but must have a strong technical knowledge)
• Minimum of 2 years of sales experience required. Experience with closing deals that involve a pre-sales discovery process is a major PLUS
• Experience with technical demonstrations of software products a PLUS
• Possess ability to work with little to no supervision while maintaining focus, very independent
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Like-able and has a track record of success
• Professional, persuasive, and tactful
Confident, extroverted, and driven with a competitive spirit
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Works well in a fast paced or high-pressure environment, especially in conditions where there are 10+ people drilling you for questions
• Have your own transportation, has ability to travel to meet with clients if needed (10%-20% of the time)
Other Desirable Traits:
• Reliable, Loyal, trustworthy.
• Extremely responsible, always on-time
• NOT a last minute type of person. But can adapt last minute if needed. Flexible/agile, enjoys structure but can roll with the punches and adapt
• Has a bias towards action, coachable, respects confidentiality
• Detail oriented, yet can keep their eye on the big picture