Univ of MN UNIVERSITY LIFE SCIENCE SALES INTERN PROGRAMBookmark This
University of Minnesota
DescriptionOverview - Sales Intern
The position is generally a part-time position, working 10 to 20 hours a week. Status of the position would be temporary to permanent.
• Back-up to stockroom 2-3 hours per day
• Help in mapping out entire University- all lab related building opportunities, by wing and floor identified
• Understand stockroom locations, products stocked and processes used to procure
• Distribute literature and products to the designated labs and discuss the potential benefits to the customers.
• Follow-up on orders and quotes.
• Be able to demo effectively vwr.com and set up profiles for end users on vwr.com
• Assist in product shows and demos
• Prepare reports and promotional materials as needed (make up sample kits)
• Assist in new lab start-ups
• Assist with manufacturers and VWR support people activities
• Support sales efforts in assigned duties- cart shows/sample blitzes
ResponsibilitiesBENEFITS OF THE INTERN PROGRAM
• Develop Better Communication Skills
• Learn the Selling Process
• Learn to Work Independently
• Learn how the business work really works
• Apply your Science Knowledge
• Develop Organizational Skills
• Learn to Set Priorities
Applicants: please submit your resume or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This internship pays and hourly rate based on level of experience.
• Current student within the targeted university
• Strong preferences for a sciences major
• Have finished at least basic chemistry/biology and have good math skills
• Able to work 10 to 15 hours a week routinely
• Possess excellent communication/people skills
• Be able to take direction and work independently
• Have access to reliable transportation if not located on campus