Paid Fashion Sales InternKlickpicks
Fashion and Production Sales InternKlickpicks
Fashion Commission Sales InternKlickpicks
Paid Sales InternKlickpicks
Paid Fashion Sales InternKlickpicks
Sponsorship Sales & Ticket Sales RepresentativeChicago Breeze Professional Women's Basketball
Sales - Marketing QualificationGPSlogix
Business Development / Sales InternApplied Development LLC
Business Development InternBookmark This
Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Posted: June 02 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWho We Are:
WTVS Detroit Public Television (DPTV) is the viewer-supported PBS member station serving the nation's 11th largest television market. We operate Channels 56.1, 56.2 and 56.3, and are carried on cable and satellite systems throughout Southeast Michigan and over a thousand communities in Canada. We also operate WRCJ 90.9 FM, the classical and jazz radio station licensed to the Detroit Public Schools. Our vision is to educate, entertain and inspire, in partnership with our community.
DPTV is notably active in the community producing local programs that showcase arts, culture, news and analysis; and educational outreach campaigns that use the power of media to provide knowledge and understanding.
Detroit Public TV is built on relationships, and fosters the relationships it has with employees. We are committed to providing a creative and professional work environment with comprehensive benefits to support a positive work environment. We strive to maintain a diverse workplace representing the communities that we serve.
We are actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of Business Development Intern in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Business Development Intern will work closely with the Corporate Underwriting department to support outreach to local organizations and businesses as potential sponsors of programs and events on Detroit Public TV.
• Lead generation: Research prospects and contact information for potential sponsors.
• Research various marketing methods including, direct mail, print ads, networking, internet, and social media, as sources for lead generation.
• Draft contracts for internal booking.
• Join in in sales calls to learn a sales process which blends philanthropy and delivery of marketing assets.
• Assist Product Development specialist in creation of materials for presentation
• Other duties as assigned.
• At the conclusion of the internship, a presentation will be prepared and delivered to DPTV staff regarding the key learning objectives that were achieved during the semester.
At the conclusion of the internship, the intern will be able to:
• Identify and apply best practices in prospecting and presentation materials
• Familiarity with the workings of Business Development Department
• Learn about fulfillment of materials requiring interface with other departments at TV station
• Understand and use effective research and marketing techniques
What You’ll Get:
• Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
• Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
• Great work environment.
Intern applicants must be currently enrolled at a college or university, or have recently (within past 12 months) graduated with a relevant degree. The internship program is unpaid and focused on education and training.
• Basic Microsoft Office skills required, including Excel
• Must be currently enrolled in 4-year university, sophomore or higher status preferred
• Pursuing business/marketing or communications/journalism degree
• Able to work 12-20 hours per week for a maximum of 1 semester, or 16 weeks