Business Development / Sales InternBookmark This
Posted: August 03 2015
Company Location: Boston, MA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are a startup. Kinda—but not entirely—like the ones you may have seen on shows like Shark Tank and Silicon Valley (although our lossless compression algorithm still needs some work).
For our first year, Market36 has been run entirely by our founding team of two guys who are wearing at least three hats at any given moment.
As we continue to grow, we are finding it hard to do all the jobs that we have been doing with the level of efficiency, quality, and regularity that has been our wont. Which is why we are here: looking for talented hungry folks who are eager to work at a rising startup.
If you think that you’ve got what it takes to hack it, send us your resume & cover letter. And—more importantly—let’s find a time to talk on the phone. We want to get a sense of what piques your curiosity, your long-term ambitions, and maybe a movie recommendation.
In short: we don’t just want someone to do scut-work. We are looking for someone who’s got a compatible personality, driven to succeed, and on the prowl for something more interesting than just a resume-padder. You can go to work lots of places; we start every day with the goal of having a great time AT work.
Owning a laptop, smartphone, & boundless optimism are mandatory for this position :-)
Adam & Eric
Responsibilities- Provide research on potential and existing clients and the competitive landscape
- Managing and following up on digital marketing campaigns
- Assist in identifying potential business opportunities
- Monitor news and developments relating to, or impacting, key clients/prospects
- Prepare periodic reports on screening, tracking, and monitoring clients and prospects
Requirements- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and face to face
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree or equivalent education