- Internships /
- Sales /
- Growing Outdoor Furniture Company Seeking Help with Deliveries/Business development
Growing Outdoor Furniture Company Seeking Help with Deliveries/Business developmentBookmark This
550 20th St
San Francisco, CA
Posted: July 06 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are a growing outdoor furniture company with warehouses in Rhode Island, New Jersey, and California. We design, manufacture and distribute all of our own products, and offer a service and value that is impossible to find from other brands.
Our busiest time of year is March through August and we are looking for someone to help us with our local deliveries out of our San Francisco warehouse. The furniture is very light and easy to move, and only takes one person to complete a delivery. There is minimal setup involved - usually just opening and arranging the pieces on a patio or deck in front of a customer. A delivery also includes completing a sale on a potential customer who is considered a very warm lead. Training will be provided.
Customer service is incredibly important for us. We take a hands on approach to our business, fielding every call and e-mail in house and delivering the majority of our orders ourselves in one of our trucks. This ensures each customer receives the best possible experience and feels confident that they made the right choice.
We offer a ‘Try Us At Home' delivery service, where our customers can pick out a set they want to check out from our website, and we’ll bring it right to their home for them to test out in person and see how it fits in their space before they decide whether or not to purchase from us. This service is free. It has gone over extremely well with our clients because it takes the uncertainties out of online shopping and ensures they get what is best for their space. This is large part of what has helped to set us apart from the competition.
With this position there is also opportunity to help us grow the business. Up to this point we are a 4 man company, but we cover a lot of ground and have constantly been expanding during our first 4 years of business. The right person could grow with the company. This position can also be easily juggled while you are in school.
We are looking for a very motivated individual who will help us in our busiest time of year (March/April-August). Training would take place mostly over the phone and there would be opportunity to continue working into the Fall on a more limited basis. The focus of this job will be doing deliveries, and in doing so will learn what it takes to run all aspects of a business. They will be working or communicating directly with one of the owners of the company on a daily basis. This person will hone skills and knowledge in:
Logistics and time management
If you are interested please e-mail email@example.com with your reasons for being interested and why you would be a great fit for the job.
ResponsibilitiesYou will have the opportunity to grow with the company. Our location in San Francisco has about 10% of the sales as our locations on the east coast and there is plenty of room for growth.
Requirements• Plans to live in the bay area this spring and summer (our warehouse is in the Dogpatch)
• Is interested in all aspects of running a business.
• Is available in some capacity beginning as soon as possible, and is willing to work through August (the more availability/flexibility the better).
• Though there are no exact hours for daily work (which goes for any business owner) The candidate would have to be flexible and willing to work at all times of the day and all days especially evenings and weekends. (Of course we will always give as much advanced notice as we can on deliveries and will be able to work around your schedule for classes during the school year.)
• Is comfortable driving a 16ft box truck (same as what you'd rent from Penske or Budget.) Most local deliveries can also be done in Zipvans.
• Has a CLEAN driving record.
• Has sales/customer service experience, or is a "people person" and is willing to learn those skills.