Sales Executive Internship (University of Kansas)Bookmark This
Posted: March 31 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLaunched in June 2014, Odyssey is a social content platform that discovers and shares a chorus of millennial voices, amplified organically through social media. With more than 13,000 localized content creators and an audience of 30 million monthly unique visitors, Odyssey empowers Millennials restless to be heard and audiences eager to listen, presenting a rich diversity of perspectives and views.
This is not your typical internship. As a paid intern, and member of our Campus Sales Executive Team, this position provides training, tools, and continuous coaching to actually close deals with local decision makers and run a business on campus. In addition to the leadership and entrepreneurial skills you will develop, this position also provides real-world experience in advertising sales, account management, marketing, business development and operations. Our clients are local businesses that want a way to access the influential 18-30 year old Millennial market, and our goal is teach them how to reach this market. We work clients ranging from big housing companies to locally owned businesses like restaurants, boutiques and bars.
• Attend weekly video coaching meetings with your assigned mentor/coach
• Daily team meetings to start each business day
• Prospect sufficient leads and set appointments in line with our predictable sales model
• Log activity daily in our customer relationship management system
• Work to achieve mastery of Odyssey’s pitch and deliver to local business owners in your community • Negotiate and close deals with potential clients in town
• Complete required reading materials to more quickly achieve success
• Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors with all majors
• 10-15 hr/week commitment during the school year
• Must live in local community for the duration of the semester • Flexible scheduling around personal vacations and classes