STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS! PAID MARKETING INTERNSHIPLuxmgmt. Group, Inc.
NOMI Beauty Business Development Summer InternNOMI Beauty
Sales Marketing InternSenior Marketing Insurance Group
UAS Drone Services Company seeking entry level salespeopleJuniper Unmanned, Inc.
Book Sales CoordinatorPulse, LLC
Business Development InternMacFawn Restoration
SALES INTERNSHIP in Life Sciences and Health CareHealth Connexions
Walmart Secret Shopper AssignmentSecret Shopper
Sales InternBookmark This
104 West 29th St.
New York, NY
Posted: November 30 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDoNYC’s sales intern will be responsible for, or involved in, all aspects of the sales process. The sales intern will be introduced to processes such as lead generation, proposal creation, account management, and reporting. This internship role will require an extremely ambitious and confident candidate who is able to think creatively about sales opportunities while being fearless when approaching sales leads.
Responsibilities- Develop basic understanding of sales process
- Finding Leads
- Approaching leads
- Creating proposals
- Managing Accounts
- Lead Generation
- Use local media outlets and other event sites for upcoming events that could be advertised on DoNYC
- Find creative opportunities for brands to work with DoNYC
- eg. Brands that DoNYC’s audience would react well to (think local brands, entertainment groups, etc.)
- Help manage website content
- Compile a weekly list of leads w/ links to website, DoNYC page, and contact info
- Cold calling
- Making initial contact with sales prospects, letting them know who we are and generating enough interest in DoNYC
- Send reminders to outstanding accounts that payment is needed
- Account Management
- Make sure that all aspects of sales agreement are withheld and maintained
- Collecting advertising assets in a timely manner
- Ensuring that social network promotions are maintained by other interns
- Ensure blog posts are reviewed and put up on time
- Ad reports
- Compile and submit ad reports in a timely manner
- Additional various tasks - running errands, helping out with the DoNYC Lounge, etc.
Requirements- Able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior awareness of DoNYC - active user of the site, and familiar with our other outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email newsletter, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Facebook and Twitter with current, active profiles on each
- Strong, proven writing and communication skills
- Strong passion for music and/or NYC events and nightlife
- Generally “in the know” about NYC events and happenings
- Self-Motivated - ability to focus and complete duties in a casual environment
- Flexible schedule - able to attend DoNYC events as frequently as possible
- Must be at least 21+ to assist with any doNYC events
- Candidate should ideally be looking to fill a college credit requirement. This is negotiable, but candidate will have to prove ability to take on such an important role if not seeking credit.
- Educational focus in business, marketing or advertising.
- Entrepreneurial mindset - able to think outside of the box and come up with creative ideas and ways DoNYC can work with other companies to generate sales/revenue.
- People skills - able to aggressively and tactfully talk with businesses and encourage them to spend money with DoNYC.
- Deep understanding of the DoNYC product - how and why it’s effective.