Fortune 500 Company Seeks Sales and Marketing InternAflac Santa Monica
Event Marketing & Sales InternLatin Expo Group LLC
Professional B2B Sales - Summer Internship to HireBealstone, Inc
Wholesale InternNetwork Showroom
Public Relations InternSkyline Consulting Group
Business Development / Sales InternSkyline Consulting Group
Aflac Insurance Entrepreneurial Internship Spring 2017Aflac Insurance
Aflac Insurance Entrepreneurial Internship Summer 2017Aflac Insurance
Sales Management Internship (Retail)Bookmark This
Arlene's Home Store
8312 Broadway St.
Posted: August 23 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionArlene’s Home Store
Welcome to Arlene's Home Store. Our primary focus is helping our customers "Obtain and Maintain Good Internal and External Health". We all know that your bed is the most important piece of furniture in your home and our new Ultimate Comfort mattresses are designed for your maximum comfort, health and budget.
Arlene's Home Store sells furnishings and goods to value savvy customers. Shop with us for everything from mattresses and bedding to home decor and furniture, such as bedroom, living room and dining room sets. We also carry personal items such as clothing and jewelry.
Good health begins with a good night's sleep and our mattresses are constructed to deliver just that. Our famous Ultimate Comfort double-sided, pillow top mattresses are designed to help you sleep better and healthier. Choose from our many different custom shapes, types and sizes including bunk bed to extra long.
We are also one of the largest wholesale distributors of the powerful and health beneficial 100% pure and natural Black Seed Oil in the Houston area.
Visit our website to learn more at www.arleneshomestore.net.
The Sales Management (Retail) Intern will allow students to gain exposure to a variety of management responsibilities by managing the day to day operation of a resale consignment store. Interns will gain real world experience that will include: obtaining and maintaining stores daily sales quota, receive and input inventory for consignment and donated merchandise, providing exceptional customer service, participate in sales and marketing initiatives/ events.
- Learn about specific aspects of retail management including customer service leadership and policy implementation.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our customers, in store & over the phone.
- Recommend appropriate product based on the customer’s individual’s needs.
- Intake and track consignment and donated merchandise.
- Training and development
- Sales building, merchandising and financial and inventory management.
- Operate POS cash register system and conduct sales transactions.
- Manage and maintain social media websites.
- Manage store operations and strongly focus on loss prevention.
- Develop and present your own personal comprehensive project that is tied to real world business activities and initiatives and Arlene’s Home Store.
Requirements- Business, Management, Marketing or Fashion Merchandise major
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Great communication skills, strong leadership qualities and responsible.
- Detail-oriented and self-started
- College credit offered, but not required
- Bilingual is preferred
- Will work with schedule, but a min of 5 to 6 hours are required (flexible).