Science Education InternshipPhipps Conservatory
Laser Marking Engraving Application techniciancontrol laser corporation
Meteorology Intern at Florida Division of Emergency ManagementFlorida Division of Emergency Management
IMMEDIATE OPENING: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) InstructorBGCM Community Center & Sportsplex
Arboriculture/Horticulture InternTree San Diego
Research Intern - FALL 2016Medical Diagnostic Laboratories, LLC
Environmental Nonprofit Science & Monitoring InternCoastal Watershed Council
Environmental Nonprofit Science Communications InternCoastal Watershed Council
Arboriculture InternshipBookmark This
Gruett Tree Company
1204 W. Struck Ave.
Posted: August 16 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are a full-service tree company with more than 30 years in the business! Our business is focused on environmentally-sound, research-based approaches to landscaping and tree care, operating at the intersection of biology, environment, culture, and cost. We are currently seeking interns to work in the Tree Healthcare and division. Interns will have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of professionals dedicated to preserving both our urban forest and the environment that supports it.
ResponsibilitiesThis internship is open to anyone interested in working with trees, regardless of previous experience, age, or education! However, the following are absolute Must-Haves:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and eligible to work in the United States
- Must have a strong interest in arboriculture, plant biology, ecology, landscaping, and/or related fields
- Must be willing to learn and discuss new concepts AND teach what you know to others
- Must have the ability to take what you have learned and apply it effectively in field situations
- Must have strong ethics and be able keep in mind what is best for the client, the trees, and the environment
- Must be open to many different activities, including both in the office and in the field
- Must be communicative, responsible, and able to work both independently and in a team environment
RequirementsResponsibilities are varied and depend on the needs of our staff. However, responsibilities may include:
- Accompanying arborists and technicians to field sites to collect tree and landscape data
- Maintaining and monitoring landscaping and tree health projects
- Creating educational pamphlets, presentations, or videos
- Researching the latest in environmentally-friendly tree care strategies
- Performing research and/or writing reports on pests, treatments, trees, etc.
- Visiting greenhouses and nurseries to assess stock for health and viability
- Other tasks as needed