Science Education InternshipPhipps Conservatory
Laser Marking Engraving Application techniciancontrol laser corporation
Meteorology Intern at Florida Division of Emergency ManagementFlorida Division of Emergency Management
IMMEDIATE OPENING: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) InstructorBGCM Community Center & Sportsplex
Arboriculture/Horticulture InternTree San Diego
Arboriculture InternshipGruett Tree Company
Research Intern - FALL 2016Medical Diagnostic Laboratories, LLC
Environmental Nonprofit Science & Monitoring InternCoastal Watershed Council
Chemistry intern for Teevra Spaceship gameBookmark This
Posted: September 21 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We are building a team to develop Virtual Reality infotainment games where the game characters are based from the fields where women are under represented.
There are reason why we do all of this together:
1) VR: Because it is powerful new technology which has not been tapped to its potential, specially in infotainment
2) Infotainment: We want gamers to learn while having fun. We do not want these games to be shoved on to them by parents or teachers, but they should want to play themselves
3) Real Characters: Gaming industry and mass media in general is filled with idolized women characters. By creating our characters true to real life, we show them they are "perfect" just the way they are. And if these "non perfect" women could do it, they could do it themselves too..
Our first game is on STEM and the first sub game is on Marie Curie. Here is a mock up, promo:
Responsibilities* For our first game title, research topics include (but not limited to): commonly used rocket fuels, their chemical reactions, their thrust properties, and also about general properties of chemical elements, periodic tables and life of Marie Curie.
*Research on the above related topics and come up with gamification of the scientific concepts to help us design and develop game elements for STEM based 3D games.
* Create documents on the research findings and gamification details.
* Provide updates during our weekly meetings.
RequirementsOur requirements: We are looking for a science and gaming enthusiast who
1. has passion for chemistry and science in general (preferably working towards a science major/minor). Also has excellent research skills in these areas.
2. preferably is a pro-gamer or loves playing creative games or is imaginative enough to visualize science concepts for gamification.
3. has excellent written and oral communication skills. Should be good at documenting the research findings and gamification details in a clear and concise manner using MS office tools.
4. is a team player with a discipline to work remotely and a quick learner in fast pace.
5. is highly responsible and committed to deliver on-time, quality work. Must be available for weekly scheduled phone/online meetings.
6. prefers flexible hours - suitable for anyone who wants flexible working hours. Choose your hours but deliver on a weekly basis.
7. of course has a fun loving, well balanced, sensible and down-to-earth attitude to fit into our team.
8. Must know how to make ice cream for space travel...just kidding ;)
SkillsRequired - Chemistry Education
Preferred - Gamification, Gaming Industry, MS Office tools