Intern - Litigation Services - Denver
A candidates participation in Mock Trial and/or a Trial Practice course will also be considered.and lasts approximately ten to twelve weeks. Areas of focus and exposure will be Third Party Auto Liability Litigation and Premises Liability.
A candidates participation in Mock Trial and/or a Trial Practice course will also be considered.Housing is not provided and travel costs are the responsibility of the candidate.
Qualifications -Ideal candidates should have outstanding research and writing skills along with effective oral communication skills. -Second year law students with high energy and self-starters who enjoy working in a collegial team oriented environment. -A resume, transcript and writing sample are required -Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, online legal research - Westlaw, Lexis -Ability to work well with others on a team of attorneys, paralegals, administrative assistants, supervised by an attorney Lead Counsel
Intern - Allstate Research & Planning Center
Responsibilities/Key Activities:This internship is ideal for the person who wants to understand and be involved with all stages of developing a new product or service. You will assist the team with projects at various stages of product development, from early-stage needfinding to late-stage user testing and data analysis. Depending on the timing of the internship, you may participate in: needfinding research (ethnographic, interviews, secondary); the iterative steps of brainstorming and obtaining user feedback; and/or the management of large-scale product testing and feedback. Responsibilities may include: arranging and assisting in discussion groups; brainstorming new concepts or improving on existing ones; coordinating product distribution to test users; and/or analyzing data from user testing. Through it all, you must be an avid observer and note-taker as well as a meticulous and thorough project manager, capable of working with a team to glean insights and customer needs from our research whether qualitative or quantitative in nature. By the end of your internship, you should have assisted in developing a potential new product or service idea (or two).
Qualifications Skills/Experience :
- Graduate-level student with a concentration in Product Design, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Sociocultural Anthropology, Psychology, or the like.
- Previous work experience.
- Work or academic experience that demonstrates familiarity with ethnographic research or needfinding.
- Work or academic experience that demonstrates familiarity with handling data.
- Meticulous attention to detail in execution of a large project.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Team player but able to work independently with minimum direction
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ethnographic research and needfinding experience are a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Allstate does not sponsor individuals who are not already authorized to work in the United States .
IT Intern - Production Processes
Become an Intern with Allstates Production Processes organization that drives the next level of integration between Problem Management/Root Cause analysis and Change Management with the most meaningful metrics reporting to run a 1st quartile Infrastructure organization.The intern candidate would gain introduction to Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) by facilitating the Enterprise governance of an advanced program. Projects would include: 1) Defining a scorecard for compliance and adherence Service Management Office artifacts, including: Visio Swimlane of Enterprise process Roles and Responsibilities Policy, Mandate and Standards Communication Plan Communication Templates for Awareness Campaign; Roadmap, Process Training Training Plan Metrics Plan 2) Exposure to Senior Level Leadership to support facilitation of the Production Process Council 3) Interaction with Enterprise Process Mangers, Process Owners and Process Consultants through activities supporting the Working Committee 4) Gain an insight to a complex education strategy by supporting the ITSM Education initiative.
5) Exposure and introduction to industry best practices by participating in the Chicago Land itSMF LIG Group.
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), or similar major with a GPA above 3.0.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
HTML Database Intern
- Providing business knowledge and expertise in a focused area of the business by developing a keen understanding of business needs.
- Partnering with business clients to gather and create business/functional requirements and application functionality.
- Creating functional designs and leveraging basic technical skills to address relatively simple business processes, issues or single project requirements.
- Assisting with project planning by either contributing or creating project definition documents for less complex projects.
- Organizing and leading design review sessions for basic business requirements and issues resolution.
- Contributing to detailed deliverables and obtaining requirements documents and functional designs sign-off.
- Consulting on function test plan content for assigned applications/projects.
- Assisting to gather and develop user and training documentation.
Qualifications The successful candidate should exhibit the following skills and abilities:
- Business Requirements Definition - Demonstrated knowledge of business requirements definition in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Able to analyze business requirements to determine processing flow, testing scenarios and user requirements.
- Business Knowledge - Fundamental knowledge of the insurance industry and familiar with competitors.
- Business Analysis - Ability to grasp and apply basic analysis concepts and break-down a problem to achieve conclusions.
- Change Management - Working knowledge of technical tools to analyze changes, and skills to communicate with internal and external work partners.
- Internal Consulting - Understands the basic role of an internal consultant in terms of client relationships and staff interactions.