Sorry! The posting you're looking for is no longer available. Check out other opportunities from Kindred Hospital below.
Results 1 — 2 of 2
Operations Intern - Hospital
Kindred Hospital — Chicago, IL
Description Summary: This job is an administrative fellowship during which the Operations Intern reports to an experienced CEO/Administrator. The fellowship provides broad exposure to hospital operations with the expectation that the Operations Intern will take an active role in projects, work teams, and important operational activities or strategic initiatives providing opportunities to develop the skills and art of hospital administration, Management, Leadership, Business Development and Physician Relations. This fellowship includes rotations through all departments and administrative practices where the employee will experience and contribute to the total hospital operations. The fellowship will prepare the Operations Intern to pursue graduate work in healthcare administration.
Kindred Hospital — Louisville, KY
We are currently recruiting for an Intern to join our Information Systems Department in Louisville, Kentucky.This position will be assisting the Director, IS Risk and Compliance in managing routine operational activities and maturing the IS risk and compliance program in the following areas. This is a year round internship. Audit:
- Enter new audit findings into IS Audit Database and on Annual Audit Summary list as they are reported by Internal Audit.
- Obtain and enter updates into IS Audit Database when reported by process owners.
- Run monthly reports in IS Audit Database showing open items.
- Compile quarterly compliance reports for IS VPs.
- Distribute quarterly surveys and track responses.
- Coordinate and track testing by internal and external audit.
- Schedule space for external IT auditors when they are on site.
- Update key control library as SOX controls change.
- Enter legal hold requests on Tracking Spreadsheet.
- Respond to Law Dept requests re: custodian ID ranges.
- Set up cases in Discovery Accelerator.
- Schedule monthly meetings and gather documents for review from Subcommittees.
- Prepare meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and monthly scorecards.
- Post documents on Company intranet.
- Perform annual reconciliation of scorecard to Company intranet.
- Update website as required (i.e. when new audit reports are issued; when testing dates/document due dates are announced).
- Maintain IS Compliance Repository (build folder structures; request access changes).
- Attend meetings when Director, IS Risk Compliance is not available.
- Assist in review of SSAE16 reports.
- Participate in technical calls with proposed vendors.
- Assist with building Risk Register (add items from audit reports, departure standards, compliance assessments, and key control gaps).
- Assist in developing IT Control Library (copying controls from SOX test plans, etc.).
- Assist in building risk management framework.
- Assist in mapping controls to policies.
- Great reading comprehension.
- Good writing skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others (not afraid to ask questions or take ownership).
- Good computer keyboard skills (will be using Microsoft office products: Word, Excel, and Access).
- Detail-oriented and ability to follow multiple steps.
- Willingness and desire to learn more about information systems control activities.