Designer - discover more at http://www.smileup.co
iPhone Mobile Engineer - discover more at http://www.smileup.co
Android Mobile Engineer - discover more at http://www.smileup.co
Social Media Intern for Clothing Company
Strategic Projects Co-op
Job Summary: Perform analysis, create process documentation, and develop process flow charts on current processes. Make recommendations using established methodology. Perform cost/benefit analysis and track use of planned and actual resources. Determine approach and develop/support desktop solutions when necessary.
Job Description: Plan and track progress of assigned projects. Prepare project related documentation including project charter and cost/benefit analysis. Determine essential process requirements from business and regulatory requirements. Make process improvement recommendations including presentations to department and staff level management. If solution requires technology, will work with either the IT organization in development and implementation of an IT project, or will develop the solution with desktop software. Provide support for existing desktop solutions and offer technical assistance to assist F&A meet changing business requirements.
Required Skills: Strong overall accounting background with good understanding of accounting principles. Must actively be pursuing an Accounting, Finance, or Economics degree with at least 2 years completed.
Internal Candidates Only: Must complete skills assessments on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Word to determine knowledge level before the close date and time.
External Candidates will be contacted to complete skills assessments on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Word prior to interview.
Additional Skills: Prefer candidate with good overall knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
Interpersonal Skills: Team player with a positive attitude. Strong communication skills (both written and oral). Ability to handle stress, good planner/organizer. Self starter able to work with minimal direct supervision.
Skills Assessments Required: Must complete skills assessments on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Word to determine knowledge level before the close date and time.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
Resume is required with Employee ID, Manager's name and HR Rep's name.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
International Finance and Accounting Intern
The International Finance & Accounting Intern creates and maintains web-based applications in support of the many internal UPS groups. The foundation of these applications is the underlying data and database design that support them. The junior design/data analyst will assist in the data analysis, data and user interface testing, writing basic specification, and support of these systems.
- Receive data in various formats and create tables in MS SQL Server to model it
- Analyze data column by column in preparation for creating constraints
- Write queries to insert, update, and delete data
- Write basic business specifications for costing processes and user interfaces
- Understand the business processes behind the data
- Experience writing SQL on an Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server database
- Experience in the transportation and/or freight forwarding industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite to include Access, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Available to work 35-40 hours per week
Aircraft Liaison Engineering Co-op
Co-op is responsible for supporting engineers in research and completion of engineering orders. This includes authoring Engineering Orders, performing analysis, CAD work, and other engineering projects. Co-op must have strong mechanical background with aptitude for hands-on projects, and ability to communicate clearly and work well with others in a team environment.
Ideal candidate will be an engineering student interested in gaining one year of practical experience, rotating semesters, in support of aircraft maintenance engineering. The position is available beginning the Fall 2013 semester.
Public Affairs Intern (Fall 2013)
UPS seeks applicants for the position of intern in its Corporate Public Affairs Office in Washington, D.C. The UPS Public Affairs Office is responsible for handling governmental affairs issues at the international, federal, and state levels. These issues include, but are not limited to: aviation, energy, healthcare, international trade, labor, security, and transportation. UPS is the world's largest package delivery company and currently serves more than 220 countries and territories.
- Assist in research and support to management staff
- Draft position papers, speeches, and testimony on legislation affecting UPS
- Track and monitor legislation bills that may affect UPS
- Event planning for various meetings and corporate visits
- Attend hearings, briefings, and negotiations that may affect UPS
- Assemble, disseminate newspapers, and other publications on issues that may affect UPS
- Organize briefing materials and provide general support as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use the Internet for research
- Ability to complete a multitude of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to learn quickly, think logically, and to analyze situations
- Ability to work independently and follow through with various duties and tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite to include - Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Available to work at least 35-40 hours per week
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program of study as a Junior/Senior or graduate degree program in Public Policy, Law, Government Affairs or related discipline
This position impacts the organization by managing the development of global transportation solutions and by effectively using the global transportation network. The solutions developed will best meet customer needs, improve the hit rate, and increase profitable revenue while controlling costs.
The primary roles of this position include: Working with Solutions Engineers and Analysts to determine business requirements, workflow, and processes. Accurately identify the costs to provide the solutions and assess the impact on UPS Supply Chain Solutions operations. Defining the scope of projects to prevent scope creep, while maintaining profitability. Working with other cross-functional Solutions Teams. This position works with finance, cost modeling, and operations to ensure the cost model database has accurate data. Working with Operations to assess the impact of the solution on UPS Supply Chain Solutions operations and using modeling software to develop cost effective alternatives that meet customer requirements and UPS Supply Chain Solutions business goals. This position reports to the Manager of Transportation Solutions.
- Works well with Logistics Engineer to develop transportation solutions cost model inputs, performs preliminary evaluation of model results to ensure accuracy of inputs and appropriateness of solution
- Assists in developing recommendations for adjustments to model to output to ensure alignment with customer business requirements and UPS Supply Chain Solutions capabilities and business goals
- Prepares materials for project reviews with Transportation Solutions Manager to obtain approval for proposal methods and costs
- Participates in customer site visits to analyze customer transportation needs, gathers customer data; and verifies data assumptions and design criteria with the customer
- Assists in development of data calculations and design criteria for input into i2Client Server Transportation Management System, i2 Transportation Modeler software, CAPS, PC Miler, and TruckStops systems
- Assists in interpretation of cost model output; uses industry data to evaluate and adjust output to develop proposed methods and costs for operation of customer account; and helps identify value proposition of proposed solution for customer and UPS Supply Chain Solutions
- Reviews proposed solution and alternatives with Logistic Engineer, summarizes merits and costs/risks associated with each solution and participates in challenge sessions to select best solutions for customer and UPS Supply Chain Solutions
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Plans, allocates, and controls financial and human resources responsible for manufacturing support, physical distribution
- Conducts and interprets computer-based scenarios to test theories
- Make recommendations and decisions based on simulation and model results
- Possess knowledge of the current business methods and principles, business planning and project management
- To develop and modify business plan and recommend process improvements
- Analyzes data related to people, technology and information to identify requirements, problems, or inefficiencies in work methods, process or flows
Computer Science Major- Grad 2014 or later
Are you a student looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
Once known as a trucking company, UPS is now recognized as a technology company with trucks and is poised for success. Spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology, UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking college students to join our team. If you are a highly motivated college student working on a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, or related major, thenUPS is a great place for you to start your career.
The Summer Intern will be automating the generation of graphical activity diagrams and other application design diagrams using Microsofts Automatic Graph Layout technology that is mission critical for UPS operations.
The successful Summer Intern will have worked with or have experience in:
- Microsoft C# programming experience
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Access or SQL Server is a plus
TheSummer Intern must be able to work 20-40 during the summer (generally May through August).
The Summer Intern should be a Sophomore or Junior currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program working toward a degree in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline.