Visual Content and Photography Fashion Internship
Photography / Graphic Design Internship – NYC Company with fashion industry clientele
Fashion Photography Styling/Marketing Intern
IMMEDIATE Opening for NYC-based Photography / Graphic Design Internship
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 30 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Photography Intern is a great opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate student interested in expanding his/her photography portfolio, gaining experience with nature and landscape photography, and learning more about marketing a nonprofit organization. The intern will visit preserves across the state of Iowa to take photographs throughout the summer, coordinate with volunteers and area photographers to collect photos and maintain permission forms, manage our photo database and develop a plan for obtaining photos from members.
This is an unpaid internship and the intern will work approximately ten hours per week for ten weeks. The intern will be based out of our downtown Des Moines office.
- Take photographs of natural areas and wildlife across the state of Iowa.
- Coordinate photo submissions from area photographers and manage photo permission waivers.
- Cultivate relationships with area photographers to increase submissions of high quality photographs.
- Manage photo database, create captions for photos and ensure each photo has proper credit.
- Create a method of encouraging photo submissions from members we do not currently have contact with.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Undergraduate or Graduate Student
- Minimum one year training in photography
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, and Excel
- Photo editing and design experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in different situations
- A positive attitude
- Interest in nature photography with an existing portfolio
- Knowledgeable about Iowas natural landscapes
- Knowledgeable about Iowas plant and animal communities
- Experience managing databases
- Experience managing multiple projects
BENEFITS-SHORT TERM POSITIONS
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, a 401k plan, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.