Are you looking for a 2017 social media internship or entry-level social media job? Not all that long ago, employers were doubtful social media marketing belonged in the workplace, but early adapters showed that it pays big to incorporate social media as part of strategic communication efforts. Now, all industries employ social media marketing experts to craft social media content to expand brand recognition, engage with potential and actual customers, drive web traffic, and ultimately increase sales—all in 140 characters or less.
The Social Media Internship
People who are creative, adaptive, and attentive to new social media features and trends make excellent summer social media interns. Does this describe you? During your social media internship, you’ll likely work on a team and become familiar with commonly used content management tools; learn to communicate with the general population and target niche audience using a unique voice; and develop crucial skills such as HTML coding, copywriting, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
You could work on a team to publicize an event on Instagram, respond to public criticism or praise on Twitter, or tally online poll results on Facebook. While you’re at it, be sure to use the opportunity to also get familiar with common office software packages including Microsoft Office applications, Hootsuite, and Adobe Photoshop.
The Career Options
This growing and evolving field includes part and full-time wage and salary jobs along with freelance opportunities. You could work for an agency or “in house” within an organization’s marketing and communications department. A bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or marketing, coupled with demonstrated knowledge of various social platforms and networking tools, will qualify you for management positions. In roles such as Marketing and Communications Manager, Public Relations Manager, Digital Strategist, Web Content Manager, or even VP of Communications, you’ll incorporate social media as part of a larger communications strategy.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of social media jobs is expected to grow by about 6% over the next decade, which is as fast as average.
Ready to get your career started? Search through our social media internships below.
Search For Social Media Internships
MORE 2017 SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIPS BY LOCATION
- Social Media Internships in Atlanta, GA
- Social Media Internships in Austin, TX
- Social Media Internships in Baltimore, MD
- Social Media Internships in Boston, MA
- Social Media Internships in Charlotte, NC
- Social Media Internships in Chicago, IL
- Social Media Internships in Columbus, OH
- Social Media Internships in Dallas, TX
- Social Media Internships in Houston, TX
- Social Media Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Social Media Internships in Miami, FL
- Social Media Internships in Nashville, TN
- Social Media Internships in New York, NY
- Social Media Internships in Orange County, CA
- Social Media Internships in Orlando, FL
- Social Media Internships in Philadelphia, PA
- Social Media Internships in San Diego, CA
- Social Media Internships in San Francisco, CA
- Social Media Internships in Scottsdale, AZ
- Social Media Internships in Washington, DC