Communications & Social Media AssistantBookmark This
North American Old Catholic Church
700 Constitution Ave NE, #1622
DescriptionThe Communications & Social Media Intern is responsible for assisting the Vicar for Communication and the Vicar for Social Media in a variety of communications projects.
This position requires a candidate who is self-motivated, deadline-driven and outgoing, and who possesses strong writing capabilities. Position is set for roughly 24 hours a week.
Responsibilities- Coordinate online marketing and social media campaigns and update Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets with the churches message on various topics the church is addressing;
- Preparing and distributing press releases to traditional and web-based media outlets via fax and email;
- Assist local ministries and parishes with the preparation and distribution of press releases on local issues;
- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar;
- Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback
- Assist local ministries and parishes in developing their social media presence, and how they can best locally manage and maintain their social media activities.
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possess skills in writing, presentation, research, and interpersonal relations;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access computer programs preferred.
- Knowledge of interest in progressive spirituality, progressive Christianity, US politics, and current events and issues facing society a plus.