Communications/Social Media Marketing InternshipBookmark This
8111 LBJ Freeway, Suite 900
DescriptionCalling all tech lovers! The goal of Lasso Technologies’ internship program is to give talented students a valuable professional experience that will assist them in career pursuits in the future. These are unpaid internship opportunities that should be able to satisfy any for credit requirements. For the right individual, there is also the potential to extend this experience throughout the school year. Lasso Technologies is currently offering an ongoing internship working in communications and social media marketing.
Responsibilities• Aid in developing Lasso’s Search Engine Optimization to expand the reach of our web site
• Assist in developing social media communications to audiences of various products
• Execute on online marketing opportunities and social media audience building opportunities
• Analyze the results of various marketing campaigns and activities
• Identify and create viral content to share on social profiles and blogs, and engage with online community
• Create and edit product specs, company brochures, and PowerPoint presentations.
Requirements• Currently enrolled in college or university. Preferred areas of study: Corporate Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or related fields.
• Internship must be for college credit and required for graduation. (This is an 8-15 hour per week program.)
• 1-2 years of writing experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong editorial and proof-reading skills and high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to extract data from conversation and documents.
• Good influencing skills: ability to quickly build rapport with a wide range audience.
• Technology literacy, including fluency with Excel, Word, Power Point and desktop publishing software, preferably Adobe CS.
• Ability to work with and understand the needs of senior influencers and VP’s.
• Tenacity: the ability to follow through on requests, queries, and pitches and get rapid results.
• Self-starter: ability to work autonomously and without a high level of support infrastructure.
• Creativity: flair for devising creative and innovative ideas.
• Ability to work occasionally outside of normal office hours.