Social Media Interns Wanted For College Based CompanyUniversity Primetime
Social Media Interni'mperfect Magazine
Social Media & PRGo Green Energy Savings & Solutions LLC.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP FOR ALZERINA JEWELRY UNPAID School Credit AvailableAlzerina.com
Virtual Social Media InternshipNATASHA MORGAN
Grant Writing and Social MediaBookmark This
Shooting Touch Inc.
61 Endicott St
DescriptionShooting Touch Inc. is Sports Based Youth Development NGO, based in Norwood MA whose mission is to use basketball as a platform for health, education, and social development for youth from under-resourced communities. Shooting Touch is seeking a qualified individual for an unpaid 6-8 month, 15 hour a week, internship designed to assist in the organization’s grant writing process and to manage the organizations online presence.
Overview of the Position:
The Grant Writing and Social Media Intern will work directly under the supervision of the Shooting Touch Inc.’s Director of Curriculum and Executive Director. The intern will support Shooting Touch’s staff and fellows in identifying, preparing, and submitting grant proposals. The intern will also be responsible for managing Shooting Touch’s social media presence. Successful completion of the internship builds the foundation necessary for Shooting Touch Inc. to strengthen and expand their programs by moving towards greater financial sustainability. This internship also supports Shooting Touch’s efforts to connect, network, and market itself.
Currently Shooting Touch serves approximately 3,500 youth in multiple projects. Ongoing projects include; Shooting Touch Boston: providing Boston underserved urban youth access to basketball programming and combatting the dropping rates of middle school enrollment in sports; and Shooting Touch Rwanda: using basketball as the hook to mobilize underserved rural youth and provide them with access to health, educational, and leadership opportunities.
The intern will spend the majority of her/his time in the office with occasional visits to Shooting Touch Boston programming to gain a direct understanding of the work. There is also the possibility to join the Shooting Touch team in Rwanda for two weeks of site visits in June of 2015. Typical work schedule for the intern is usually two days a week or a total of 15 hours in-office a week.
A. Grant Writing (approx. 50% of the time)
• Develop a fundraising and development strategy in alignment with Shooting Touch Mission.
• Research grants and proposals relevant to Shooting Touch’s Mission; compile accurate profiles of prospective funders.
• Discover and respond to relevant RFPs & write grant proposals to targeted donor prospects to fund Shooting Touch’s Mission and projects, and gifts in the form of contributions-in-kind; such as: donations of meeting space for conferences & symposia, basketball equipment, access to development curriculums and tools, etc.
• Develop donor prospects and maintain donor relations, including writing follow-ups and thank you letters; maintaining records of Shooting Touch’s donors and contact’s communications.
• Expand and improve the philanthropic organizations, foundations, individual donors, and corporate donor prospect base.
• Develop and maintain fundraising and development database listing donor contacts and tracking grants and proposals keeping it accurate and up-to-date.
B. Social Media (approx. 30% of the time)
• Highlight Shooting Touch events, guest speakers, interviewees, for mention on our web site and social media outlets.
• Contribute to Shooting Touch blog content weekly to be posted on the Shooting Touch website and shared through relevant social networks; contribute content to Shooting Touch e-newsletters.
• Help to develop creative ideas & online content for membership drives, up-coming events, development campaigns and special projects.
C. Administrative support (no more than 20% of the time)
• Help fulfill requests for information, undertake special projects and assignments as needed.
• Assist in general office administration.
Education: Pursuing or achieved a university degree in International Development, Grant
Writing, Fundraising, Resource Mobilization or a related field. Spoken and written fluency in English are required.
Prior Experience: Previous experience working, volunteering or traveling abroad, in underserved communities, in addition to comparable experience or education within a related field. Some experience in marketing, and a knowledge of social media platforms.
Knowledge: Solid working knowledge of community development and grant writing; demonstrated ability to maintain working level contacts with NGO officials; demonstrated ability to promote and market efforts via a wide range of social media outlets; and demonstrated experience and skills in grant writing and basic understanding of resource mobilization and fundraising.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to take initiative, work under minimal guidance, and in both office and field settings. Organizational and administrative skills. Excellent computer skills in word-processing and database management. Motivation and commitment to work effectively as part of an inter-cultural team. Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment under normal as well as complex and often stressful conditions.
Shooting Touch is committed to developing internships that result in real, tangible products and accomplishments that meaningfully contribute to an individual’s overall academic and professional goals. The intern will gain valuable work experience in grant writing, online marketing, learn about and help develop strategies for social media sites, research and approach media channels to promote the NGO and its values, improve their writing skills. By joining our team you will be included on our website as an outstanding intern and will receive an invitation to be involved with future Shooting Touch events. Upon completion of your internship you receive a written professional reference from the Executive Director. Shooting Touch interns are given the chance to grow and develop professionally through their experience and exposure to real international issues on the front lines and an international team of experts who continue to serve all over the globe. Dedicated interns will hone their professional research, reporting, and writing techniques while developing the international contacts that will ensure their professional futures.