HCI Social Media InternBookmark This
DescriptionIf you seek to make a difference yet gain some valuable experience for the fall, spring or school year, consider working with our agency. The work is within the public health fast paced setting and is unpaid.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Forward-thinking, fast paced initiative seeking an unpaid intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites. The intern for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team who are very excited to work with an intern hoping to gain a ton of great online experience.
Contribute to website redesign project in various ways
Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Assist in the maintenance of our website:
• Keeping updated with current trends
• Soliciting and proofing Community Success Stories
• Updating monthly health observances calendar with local resources
• Updating community calendar as needed
• Updating homepage and appropriate links as needed
• Adding to Community Resource Mapping of assets at local level
2) Assist in the updating and maintaining the social network
• Identify and add pertinent new feeds
• Keep track and respond to inquiries as needed
• Engage partners using public health principles through forums, event updates etc.
• Update with archived links to technical assistance webinars
RequirementsStudents applying for this internship should be Marketing/Business or Language majors, with 3 years of experience on the Web and a solid understanding of youth markets.
• Knowledge and comfort level with basic web design and social media marketing
• Knowledge of public health
• Excellent writing skills
• Willingness to learn
Marketing, Business, Communications majors