Community Outreach Social Media AssistantASA College
Marketing & Communications Specialist & Social Media AssistantTrue Blue Auctions
Marketing, Communications & Social Media InternshipHey Hey Gorgeous
Social Media Internship at www.PlaylistHQ.comTimothy Delaney
Social Media/ eCommerce Assistantnekta
Home Furnishings Blogging InternBookmark This
DescriptionI am recruiting a paid blogging intern to gain practical real-world experience within a broader marketing context. This is a GREAT opportunity for a rare candidate. Best candidate need not be local or even domestic.
You are highly motivated, richly skilled, and deeply desire a killer marketing / writing internship. Most of your relationships have deeply embedded online links. Social media is the “operating system” for your life. You want to get a huge step up on your career. This is it.
My Northeastern company is a made-to-order upscale bedding company, in competition with current designs from Eastern Accents www.easternaccents.com and Bliss Living Home www.blisslivinghome.com. The company has a dozen fine bedding collections in its current portfolio, with each collection featuring items such as duvet covers, coverlets, pillow shams, decorative pillows, bed skirts, sheets, etc.
After years of under-investment, we’ve engaged innovative product designers to develop fresh concepts. These designs mix the company’s history (classic, cultured, timeless) and forward styles (modern, fresh, clean). The portfolio will feature a range of collections spanning the traditional and the modern.
The company has a developing yet underdeveloped digital marketing presence today. We need a blogger to integrate into our social media strategy that leads our overall marketing vision. An extraordinary intern helps us accomplish this.
We pay interns on a 1099 (independent contractor) basis. This works for both international and domestic interns alike.
Depending on how the project develops, we may continue our relationship indefinitely, as your schedule allows.
I provide outstanding written references for standout performers.
Responsibilities• Utilize social media to engage a community of followers online
• Blog will appear both on website and integrated into social media presence.
• You will create and post the content, with light supervision. You will monitor like-minded blogs, often cross-promoting them. You will recommend to marketing and executives important initiatives and developments. Your first responsibility will be to craft a “blogging primer” to inform management on the things they should know about blogging, and then develop a “blogging strategy” with marketing and social media colleagues. The strategy will include a short review of the most important blogs and bloggers in the home furnishings industry, including competitors.
• Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
• Several blog posts per week, eventually building to daily postings.
• Depending on your interests and skills, we may also engage you more broadly within the company. Examples include digital marketing, social media, website development (copy writing), catalog development, email campaigns, online promotions, newsletters, editing, writing / proofing ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
• Please describe your interest, specifically highlighting your accomplishments and interests in writing, social media, and home furnishings. Provide links to your social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge. Please provide a link to blogs that you enjoy reading. Please provide links to social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge. The best candidate is well-plugged into social media and home furnishing, esp. bedding.
Requirements• Deep passion for blogging & social media platforms, especially for marketing & customer communications. Any experience with blogging platforms such as Tumblr, WordPress, Blogger, minor platforms (Weebly, Squarespace, TypePad) and dissemination methods are helpful.
• Familiarity with word-of-mouth and guerilla marketing is helpful
• Some appreciation of the upscale bedding buyer (approximately $1500 - 2000 for a set: 1 duvet cover, 4 shams, 1 decorative pillow) is a plus.
• Demonstrate interest in blogging, social media and how media continuously engages the online community
• Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Able to create a story for the company and the industry: creating a home from a house, by using fine furnishings from great manufacturers.
• Able to quickly “hook” a reader, informing and entertaining via written media and making them return over and over to read your entries.
• Must be strong in basics: spelling, punctuation, grammar, and proofreading
• Familiarity with fine home furnishings, with an interest in interior decorating.
• Team oriented; must work with other staff, management, and possibly other companies.
• Demonstrated interest in social media and how media and communication strategies continuously nurture an online community
• Knowledge of applications such as Word and other tools is a plus
• Knowledge of web video and pictures, social media networks, and posting
• A open-minded, fast learning self-starter with creativity, ambition, enthusiasm, flexibility, variety, growth potential, and adaptability and a strong work ethic.
• Preference for majors in marketing, advertising, journalism, public relations, English, media, business communications, communications, fashion, or other related fields.
Blogging expertise is not essential, but you must be able to quickly come up to speed on blog development, blog publishing, and home furnishings. The more knowledge you understand now, the better candidate you are for us.