Independent Record Label Seeks Competent Social Media InternBookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionIndependent record label, Day One (www.thisisdayone.com), is offering a New York-based Social Media internship to a literate, functional individual who doesn’t completely suck. You’ll be closely involved with our label's continued growth, and will work under our label’s principle artist/executive, as a valued member of our team.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to multitask (complaining about the cost of your morning latte while sending texts doesn’t count as multi-tasking). This is an opportunity to gain practical experiences in the music world and work behind the exciting scenes. If you are creative and have strong organizational skills, send us your CV and a cover letter. (If you don’t know what a CV or cover letter is, this internship is not for you).
Although this is an internship, you’ll gain...
- Experience in the music industry
- Future career opportunities with Day One
- A schedule based on your availability with flexible hours and locations (can work nights, weekends, as well as regular business hours)
- A rewarding internship, where getting wasted on the job is not only tolerated, but the norm
- An internship experience in which your role is genuinely valued by our record label (we’ll probably never make you fetch coffee)
We work hard to ensure all of our interns have the most memorable and valuable work experience with us. If you have any questions, shoot us an email. Include a link to some websites that showcase your social media experience in your application so we can avoid the uncomfortable experience of interviewing someone we slept with and never called back.
- Contribute to and lead social media projects under guidance of mentors
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Website and social media optimisation and keyword analysis
- Schedule and co-ordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
- Manage internal office communications and communicate with the Toronto office, as well as staff in London, South American, and Australia
- Communicate and co-ordinate the flow of information both within internal departments and other organizations
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Experience in Marketing and New Media (especially social media)
- You do not use emoticons
- Experience in an office administrative and/or customer service role preferred
- You are not ironic
- Motivated self-starter able to represent our record label without embarrassing yourself or us
- Knowledgeable of the rap/hip hop industry is an asset