LDIR Internship – Social Media and Fundraising Program AssistantBookmark This
Leadership Development in Interethnic Relations
1145 Wilshire Blvd., 2nd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionLeadership Development in Interethnic Relations (LDIR) is a program that works to equip and mobilize people to work for positive social change in their communities and institutions. Sponsored by the Asian Pacific American Legal Center of Southern California, the Central American Resource Center, and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, LDIR develops networks to encourage and sustain multicultural collaborations.
LDIR is seeking a part-time (16-24 hours/week) Intern committed to social justice issues with a background in (or a commitment to) human/intergroup relations programming and processes. The LDIR Intern will assist in providing programmatic and administrative support to the LDIR program, specifically by helping develop and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy to increase visibility and traffic for the LDIR program. The ideal candidate will be an innovative risk-taker with a good sense of humor and not afraid of conflict. The position creates opportunities for creativity and thinking outside the box. In addition, the position offers an incredible opportunity to support a community-based program working to address issues of structural and institutional oppression, equipping new leaders with skills and analysis to create sustainable community projects.
Send cover letter and resume ATTN: LDIR Internship to Vanessa Obispo at email@example.com. Internship would begin ASAP. This position offers a small monthly stipend.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities and Duties:
• Co-develop a social media strategy that supports the LDIR program;
• Regular maintenance of and updates to the LDIR website, donor database, email newsletter, and Facebook/Twitter pages;
• Provide support to LDIR marketing and alumni engagement efforts;
• Provide support to LDIR grassroots fundraising efforts, including phone banking;
• Provide support in developing and launching email campaigns;
• Provide support in the development and coordination of LDIR program events and trainings;
• Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as assigned.
• Commitment to social justice;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with support and supervision;
• Good oral and written communication skills;
• Familiarity with Word Press, Mail Chimp, Salesforce, Wufoo, Facebook, Adobe Design Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Internet preferred;
• Experience with creating and identifying social media content related to social justice campaigns preferred;
• Ability to initiate and coordinate projects in a timely manner;
• Ability to attend some evening and weekend meetings;
• Valid driver’s license and/or access to alternative means of transportation.