Social Media & Community Management InternAlegna Media Publishing
Social Media Web Content Press ReleaseGocean, Inc.
Social Media Internship dating app15winks
Social Media & Community Management InternLipstick Check
Social Media & Communications Internships for Socially Responsible Fashion LineDella
Marketing / Social Media InternshipBookmark This
GigDog (www.gigdog.fm) is a startup internet radio station and is changing the way people interact with local music. We do two things…
1. Organize your local music scene by streaming the music of local and up-and-coming bands coming to your town in the next few weeks and listing when and where the bands have their gigs. – planning your night out just got a whole lot better.
2. Music Discovery. You can listen to all the great local music across the country, giving you an alternative to the same songs you normally hear. – experience great local music.
We are currently based in the UVA Darden Business School Incubator program in Charlottesville, VA. We are opening a station in Richmond to promote local musicians and bands.
Responsibilities- Social Media: help with Facebook and twitter posts, come up with content; update all social media accounts; keep track of all social media traffic
- PR: find venues and bands, sign up bands, add to media outreach target list, and assist in reaching out to bloggers and publications.
- Blog: we are considering launching a blog and need writers to assist in coming up with original and creative content.
Our company is seeking very outgoing, results-oriented and self-motivated interns with knowledge of their local music scene. This position is perfect for an intern hoping to gain experience in social media, marketing and business development.
By the end of the summer, you will have (among other things) …
- Built a digital radio station for an internet-based company in the music, promotion, and digital media space.
- Developed and launched social media marketing campaigns.
- Gained an in-depth understanding of and formed relationships in your city’s music scene.
- Helped bands succeed and brought your city’s local music to thousands of listeners.
- Experience working in small teams for a credible startup – we have been selected and funded by the University of Virginia Darden School of Business and the University of Virginia.
Requirements- Love music
- Excellent writing skills both online and offline
- Creative, open-minded and always coming up with new ideas
- Outgoing and flexible (did we mention that we are a startup?)
- Be the local point of contact for all local musicians and venue owners
- Organized with great attention to detail
- Maintain the Facebook and Twitter accounts for your city. Use social media to engage music fans and promote gigs
- Reach out to local bands to sign them up to the site as resident bands and identify bands coming into town that we can help promote. This means hanging out where the bands are playing. This can NOT only be done via the internet. We have found that personal contact with the bands makes your job MUCH easier
- In conjunction with the home office in Charlottesville Virginia, help us develop and implement the best marketing plan and strategy for your city. This is VERY important. We need someone who knows their city, and can guide us in our Marketing efforts to help us launch successfully