Social Media Internship with Digital Media Background!TLAPR Agency, LLC
Marketing Intern19, Inc.
Social Media Intern for Online BookstoreM.I.R.A.C.L.E. Online Books, LLC
Internship for YOUTUBE Fashion Network- Spanish Speaking Intern OnlyStyleHaul
Social Media/Marketing InternCrosby Carter Management
Marketing-Social Media InternBookmark This
American Society of Travel Agents, Inc.
1101 King Street
DescriptionSocial Media Intern wanted for travel trade association in Old Town Alexandria.
Great work environment. Internship duties include developing and managing ASTA’s LinkedIn social media program including management of posting schedules, copywriting and posting as well as developing guidelines and processes for internal staff use.
Intern will develop tracking methods to specifically measure effectiveness of LinkedIn activities for member engagement, new membership sales and member retention.
This internship offers an opportunity to learn about the travel agency industry, social media and how to measure effectiveness, gain office experience, build your resume, and learn the nuts and bolts of social media and branding. The intern will get excellent hands on experience in planning and executing business management and marketing/media strategies.
ResponsibilitiesThe selected intern will work directly with the Director of Market Development and Communications department of the company in the development and execution of LinkedIn strategy and initiatives. Responsibilities:
- Manage LinkedIn posts, discussions and requests to join
- Develop tracking methods to measure effectiveness as a membership sales, retention and engagement tool
- Develop and send membership solicitation messages to non-ASTA members requesting to join ASTA’s LinkedIn group
- Draft processes, guidelines and recommendations on how to manage an association’s LinkedIn program (i.e.: approving requests, managing expired members, sending membership sales messages, etc.)
- Possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Proficient in Office Applications
o Excel and Word 2007
- Ability to communicate well over the telephone, email, and in person
- Dependable and self starter
- Ability to take direction and work independently, without the need for constant supervision
- Marketing and business course experience
- Ability to present findings, guidelines, processes and recommendations at end of internship
Training Provided by ASTA:
- Basic intro of ASTA’s membership structure and processes (i.e. membership types, pricing structure, membership sales messaging)
- Basic intro and training of iMIS (consumer relations software)