Marketing/Social Media InternBookmark This
Posted: 581 days ago
DescriptionMasculinityU functions primarily through a web format as it hosts our internationally recognized blog which requires constant updating and marketing. We are searching for a Marketing/Social Media Intern candidate who can dedicate time (15-20 hours a week min.) working on our website and social media outlets. Interns will learn a great deal about running a social justice organization. At MasculinityU, we strive to engage men in anti-violence (rape, sexual assault, harassment) work by redefining the limitations of traditional masculinity. Interns will gain the opportunity to work with leading advocates in the men's anti-violence movement.
*No need to be located in Syracuse, NY. This internship can be completely internet-based*
For more information please contact Sacchi Patel at Sacchi@MasculinityU.com
Responsibilities- Support Co-Founders and expand web based outreach.
- Assist in updating/creating new marketing platforms.
- Promote website/new blogs.
- Develop creative means to obtaining more followers and potential clients
- Develop social media network presence (facebook, twitter, etc)
- Support in maintaining overall message and direction of the organization.
- Expected to bring new and fresh ideas to our mission via website/social media/advertising
Requirements- B.A./B.S. earned OR in progress
- Sociology, Gender Studies, Social Justice, Communications, Marketing Majors (preferred)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Passion for social justice (preferred)
- Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
- Expertise/Proven success in utilizing social media for advertising
- Have working knowledge of web-design,Adobe Photoshop, basic/advanced HTML, MS Office Suite (Preferred but not required)
- Ability to Skype/Conference call on a weekly basis