Research, Social Media & Web Communications, Admin AssistanceBookmark This
The Peace Alliance
DescriptionBay Area Office Intern
The Peace Alliance is seeking an intern to join our fast-paced team for Winter/Spring 2012 (dates flexible). We are seeking an individual with energy and discipline who has a background or interest in peacebuilding, conflict resolution, juvenile justice, and/or youth violence prevention. This position presents the opportunity to impact multiple projects with our team members, fostering communication and professional development skills. The Peace Alliance is an alliance of organizers, practitioners, and advocates throughout the United States mobilizing support for peacebuilding policies in the US government and constructive, non-violent solutions in our homes, communities, jobs, and investments. We work through Advocacy, Education and Grassroots Mobilization.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities: The intern’s responsibilities will be to assist the organization’s Executive Vice President, and Director of Programs and Communications, who is located in North Oakland, CA (near Berkeley).
• Research in support of key peacebuilding projects.
• Preparation of written material around peace education.
• Assist in special event planning and implementation, grassroots support
• Assist with social media postings, creating or editing of email marketing campaigns, and other related activities
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of donor and prospect-related materials, including annual reports, newsletters, and appeal letters
• Help maintain support database and accurately enter data
RequirementsHours: Flexible, between 10 – 20 hours per week
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong problem-solving abilities
• Professional and friendly manner
• Able to take direction well and work independently on multiple activities
• Flexible; able and willing to adapt to changing conditions
• Able to multi-task, prioritize, handle deadlines with poise, and work as part of a team
• Vigilant attention to detail; organized
• Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Google Docs
• Proficiency with various social media platforms, or ability to learn quickly
This is an unpaid internship.