SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNBookmark This
CDL Sunset Temple
3911 Kansas Street
San Diego, CA
DescriptionOur independently owned and operated company (a coffee lounge and an event venue) is seeking an intern with a strong working knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media applications. The individual shall be creative & dynamic and will have an opportunity to contribute to the social media campaign’s creative direction for the company.
The successful candidate will possess strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team. The successful candidate will finish the internship having gained broad experience in applying social media techniques to the overall marketing campaign of small & independently owned businesses.
Responsibilities• Assist with the monitoring, posting and responding to blogs, forums, and social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
• May be permitted to contribute to the development of the company’s overall social media campaign strategy.
• Assist with the creation of relevant content to online communities on behalf of the company.
• Assists with tracking and reporting on social media influence measurements.
• Analyzes keyword use and assists with search engine optimization strategies.
• Monitors competitor performance / perception through social networks.
• Researches new blogs for relevance & trend identification.
RequirementsApplicants for this internship should have practical and up-to-date knowledge of popular social media applications – including principles of social media with respect to online marketing and branding. The successful candidate will have excellent written & verbal communication skills with attention to spelling, grammar and trends in appropriate online vernacular & abbreviation. Experience with web analytics and metrics is also preferred and will be considered during the selection process.
Students applying for this internship should be Marketing/Business or Language majors, with 3 years of experience of marketing via social media. The well qualified candidate will have had regular interaction with social media applications and be versed in their advanced uses.